Officer (SGO) - VA 01/2017
EFTA - European Free Trade Association
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is the intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration among its members, within Europe and globally. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA Member States and has offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxembourg.
The Secretary-General’s Office of the EFTA Secretariat is based in Geneva. It services the EFTA Council and coordinates various horizontal activities in the Association.
This position is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway).
Division: Secretary-General’s Office (SGO)
Type/Duration of Appointment: Fixed term three years (renewable once if considered in the interest of the Association)
Start Date: 1 August 2017
Job Reference: VA 01/2017
The officer’s core task will be to service the EFTA Council and its substructures, including preparing and following up on meetings, writing agendas, reports and policy documents, overseeing the Council’s archives and providing information on its work for the EFTA website. (S)he will participate in work regarding records management, public access to documents and other horizontal activities.
The successful applicant may also be assigned other tasks in the Secretariat.
- University degree in law, economics, political science or related fields.
- Several years of relevant work experience, preferably in a national administration or international organisation;
- Knowledge of European integration and international trade.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills;
- Self-reliance and team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Capacity to multitask;
- Sense of responsibility, trust and respect;
- Experience with standard office software (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French and other EU or EFTA languages would be an asset.
- Grade: A4;
- Annual salary: CHF 158,627.
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States and, as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for applications: 5 February 2017