Turkish Current Affairs Officer
Berkshire, United Kingdom
An office of the US Embassy London currently based in Berkshire is looking to recruit a full-time current affairs officer specializing in Turkish.
Duties will include coverage of media developments and breaking news, production of translations and multimedia, web content management, research, and some informational writing. Successful applicants will be expected to develop relationships and sustain networks with international colleagues and customers where appropriate. The position will involve working some evenings and weekends.
The position may be based elsewhere in the UK from 2018.
This position offers career opportunities, competitive salary and benefits package, including paid holidays and private health plan.
- Native or professional-level proficiency in Turkish. Knowledge of Kurmanji Kurdish would be an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of Turkish current affairs and media (degree-level or equivalent);
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written;
- Strong ability to use and/or learn computer applications and knowledge/experience with social media, web content management and digital media tools;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to process large amounts of information, detect relevant factors, and discern most important elements;
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively in a fast-paced, often high-pressure, multicultural, dispersed team environment;
- Self-motivated individual with proven team working skills and flexibility.
Please apply by email to LondonApplicants@state.gov by COB 31 January 2017.
The subject line of the email should read “Turkish Current Affairs officer and you must include the following:
- Cover letter identifying how you meet the above qualifications and clearly stating your interest, qualifications and language expertise;
- CV (Please note that as an equal opportunity employer, we ask that you do not include your gender, race, religion, date of birth, age, marital/family status within your CV);
- Scanned documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK, e.g. citizenship or residency, in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 (Please note that applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered).
Only short listed candidates will be notified within 14 days of the closing date.