SIOPE - European Society for Paediatric Oncology
The European Society for Paediatric Oncology (SIOP Europe or SIOPE), is the only pan-European organisation representing all professionals working in the field of childhood cancers. With more than 1,500 members across 31 European countries, today SIOPE is leading the way to ensure the best possible care and outcomes for all children and adolescents with cancer in Europe.
To support our increasing activities and our development we are offering an exciting and challenging position (m/f), with growing responsibilities, in a European scientific environment, including competitive salaries and fringe benefits: Project Coordinator (full time position).
The SIOPE Project Coordinator will mainly but not exclusively coordinate/manage several (EU) Projects and or Platforms of the SIOPE Strategic Plan. You are coordinating/providing support of projects and you already worked for least 3 years in an international environment, and can prove your excellent organizational skills. Good communicator and a team player, you speak and write English at very good level and are willing to travel on a limited scale (within Europe).
JOB LEVEL: Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: SIOP Europe (SIOPE) – European Society for Paediatric Oncology
- The SIOPE Project Coordinator will mainly but not exclusively coordinate/manage several (EU) Projects and or Platforms of the SIOPE Strategic Plan.
- Provide the necessary support to the leader(s) of the Project and (or) Platform:
- Develop a project plan;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time;
- Create and maintain project documentation;
- Investigates & successfully exploits opportunities to improve project delivery: timeline, requirements, specifications;
- Organizing of monthly teleconference calls and face to face meetings;
- Provide progress reports.
- Act as the main contact point;
- Liaise between different project related stakeholders;
- Represent SIOPE related projects and (or) platforms at targeted meetings, conferences and congresses, as appropriate.
DESCRIPTIONS OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
- SIOPE CEO;
- Lead Project Coordinator of (various) Projects & Platforms.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (other European languages would be an asset);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS office, Internet, and email technologies;
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a multi-cultural members/stakeholder/staff environment;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise and work under set deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and in team.
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent;
- At least four years’ professional experience in coordinating/managing of projects or experience in a similar position is an advantage;
- Multitasking, detail minded and well organised;
- Knowledge of European Projects, healthcare, (paediatric) oncology, radiotherapy, quality assurance in radiotherapy or clinical trials is an asset;
- Willing to travel on limited scale.
Interested? Please email your CV and motivation letter to our consultant Mr. Michel Ballieu: