Allen & Overy
EU qualified lawyer specialised in European Competition Law with 4 to 6 years of relevant professional experience. English at native speaker level and good command of one or more additional European languages.
Allen & Overy is a leading law firm in Belgium. As part of an international network, it serves both local and international clients.
The firm employs approximately 4,950 staff in total, including over 2,700 lawyers working in 44 major centres worldwide.
Working in specialist teams, Allen & Overy offers a full legal service to a wide range of national and international businesses, financiers and governments.
Allen & Overy greatly values its unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork.
To sustain its growth, Allen & Overy LLP Belgium is currently looking for a midlevel Associate for its EU & Competition practice group in Brussels.
The firm’s EU and Competition law practice advises on all aspects of EU law and specialises in the provision of advice on competition law. In advising its clients, Allen & Overy has a positive aim, it does not simply advise on what cannot be done, but instead works imaginatively and constructively to ensure that its clients' commercial objectives are met, whilst fully complying with EU and national competition rules.
- You obtained a Master in laws with excellent academic records. Any additional degree focussing on Competition Law is considered a plus;
- You are admitted to practice in one of the EU member states;
- You have 4 to 6 years of practical experience in European Competition law. Experience within the European Commission or the Courts is a nice add-on;
- You master English at a native speaker level and, ideally, you have a good command of one or more additional European languages (e.g. Dutch, French or German);
- You are a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills.
- You will be a part of a well-integrated and dynamic team that works on high profile Belgian, European and international cases;
- A&O offers a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading international law firm;
- A&O makes a long-term commitment to its lawyers. The firm offers a variety of interesting work and the opportunity to work with other departments and in an interdisciplinary way, both in Belgium and internationally;
- A&O runs national and international secondment programmes to allow the lawyers to work with other departments, other people and to be exposed to the different cultures that the firm encompasses;
- A&O offers dedicated local and global training programmes and also organises professional training on communication, IT skills and management and business development skills;
- A&O has specialised know-how managers and you will have access to dedicated support staff and support systems;
- A&O offers career progression and an attractive financial package.
Contact Julie Favril via e-mail or call confidentially on +32 (0)2 290 23 50. Please clearly indicate the reference number VL/LAW/1767/17.
VG.896/B (Flemish Region)
00078-405-20121019 (Brussels-Capital Region)
WRS-162 (Walloon Region)