Business Creation Officer
Eindhoven or Genk
Entrepreneurial and result driven project manager who is capable to guide and support innovative companies (start-ups en spinouts) to bring their ideas to the market.
InnoEnergy invests in research, innovation and education, offering a complete support package to entrepreneurs in the commercialization and development of their companies and products. The overall goal is to secure Europe’s global competitiveness in the field of sustainable energy technologies. InnoEnergy is a commercial company with more than 90 partners involved in their activities.
InnoEnergy strategy is to be the leading engine for innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of sustainable energy. The organization is profit oriented, but has a “not for dividend” financial strategy since the profits will be reinvested in their activities. Headquarters are in The Netherlands. It has 29 shareholders, all of them key players in the energy field, with top rank industries, research centres and universities. InnoEnergy is organized in geographically concentrated co-location centers (CC). Partners (shareholders) in de CC Benelux, which focusses on intelligent energy efficient buildings and cities, are TU/e, TNO, KU Leuven, VITO, and Eandis. The CC Benelux coordinates this theme’s strategy, innovation projects, education programs and business creation.
InnoEnergy is supporting the creation of start-ups through its European Accelerator where the entrepreneur can find the services he/she needs to transform his/her idea or venture into a successful business. They work actively, with the entrepreneur, in 4 dimensions, that are a must for success:
- Technology: due diligence, mapping vs. competing products/services, positioning, patenting, proof of concept with customer/industry, piloting, industrialization;
- Market: market assessment, market positioning, business case, business plan;
- Team: team assessment, training, team completion, legal constitution (of start-up or spin-off);
- Finance: seed money, VC rounds (brokerage).
Responsabilities and main tasks
- Manage the team of Business Creation Services for CC Benelux;
- Scout, identifying and develop opportunities for creating new business ventures in the field of sustainable energy;
- Perform preliminary analysis of business opportunities;
- Establish and ensure the delivery and success of new business ventures, e.g. start-ups or other Business Creation Services (e.g. SMEs);
- Ensure the Return on Investment for InnoEnergy assets;
- Ensure the successful exit of ventures.
The candidate is expected to have an academic educational background in Industrial Engineering or Management (MBA) or both, and have strong affinity with new business, business creation, knowledge valorization and emerging energy technologies.
Experience as an entrepreneur is preferred.
Speaking English and Dutch fluently is a must; other EU languages are a plus.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to have:
- knowledge and experience with business models and plans, financing new ventures (technology start-ups), M&A, Business Management, Management Consulting, Business Development, Start-ups, Technology Transfer;
- project management skills;
- leaderships experience;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- international experience.
Challenging job in a very dynamic and inspiring environment with a lot of freedom and possibilities. This job is meant to be a fulltime structural position. KIC has the intention to offer an indefinite employment contract after a period of 1 year. Fulltime annual gross salary is in line with the market and depends on background, education and experience. A company car is included.
For more information you can contact mrs Cecile Gijsbers from Euflex +31402474055, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via www.euflex.nl.