Associate - McKinsey Regulatory Center
McKinsey & Company
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Brussels office as part of the McKinsey Regulatory Center (MRC) which has recently been launched by McKinsey. This new competence center in Brussels has deep knowledge and a global network of experts that are dedicated to help our clients on merger clearance, state aid cases and anti-trust (such as allegations of abuse of dominant positions or predatory pricing). They come from various backgrounds (e.g. competition lawyers, European Commission).
When you join McKinsey as an Associate, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
What You’ll Do
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- Advanced graduate degree in Economics and/or law with a strong competition law element;
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement;
- Work experience in competition/regulation will be considered an asset (e.g. internship at DG Competition or in a law firm or economic consultancy);
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics;
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus.