Financial Assistant FG III
ECHA - European Chemicals Agency
1. THE JOB
The Financial Assistant will work either in the Directorate of Resources (Finance Unit) or in one of the operational Directorates of the Agency. The job will include a selection of the following tasks:
- Assisting in the budgeting process, coordinating the budget requirements and the internal allocation for the Directorates;
- Preparing cash-flow forecasts of expenditure;
- Initiating or verifying financial transactions related to commitment and payment appropriations;
- Monitoring receivables, including fee income collection, reconciliation and delayed payment procedures, in close cooperation with the operational units;
- Executing accounting transactions in SAP;
- Handling bank reconciliation;
- Preparing financial and legal documentation for procurement and financial and legal commitments;
- Monitoring the financial aspects of contract implementation, preparing and maintaining follow-up tables;
- Providing hands-on support and advice on procurement matters to the Units in the Directorates;
- Contributing to the Finance Unit’s IT systems design and development;
- Planning, implementing and monitoring appropriate electronic archiving of the financial files of the Directorates in line with the general principles and guidance;
- Performing other relevant tasks.
a) Successfully completion of post-secondary level education attested by a diploma.
b) Successfully completion of secondary education giving access to post-secondary education and at least three (3) years of professional experience.
Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
3. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this profile, you must have at the closing date for applications a total professional experience of at least three (3) years acquired after achieving the minimum requirements stated out in 2. a) and b). At least two (2) years of your total professional experience must relevant professional experience in the fields listed in section 1.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria. The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to an interview.
- Your academic and professional qualifications and their relevance to the main areas of work listed in section 1;
Preference will be given to qualifications obtained in the following fields:
- University degree in finance and/or accounting.
- Your professional experience: the range of fields covered; the type and level of work done and its relevance to the areas of work listed in section 1.
The following will be considered as assets when certified by previous employer:
- Professional experience gained in a European Institution/Agency or an international organisation;
- Experience in the use of accounting and financial reporting systems.
The academic and professional qualifications, professional experience and experience considered as an asset must be described as precisely as possible in your application.
5. HOW TO APPLY
You can submit your application and find more information (complete vacancy notice, application form) on ECHA website http://echa.europa.eu/web/guest/about-us/jobs/open-positions.
The deadline to fill in the application is 3 April 2017 at noon 12:00, Helsinki time (11:00 a.m. CET).