Expert Relation Manager and Tendering Assistant
IBF International Consulting
Brussels and/or Torino
IBF International Consulting is a leader in the development cooperation business. Founded in 1977, IBF works on development aid projects financed by international organisations (EC, WB, ADB, AfDB, etc.) in developing and transition countries.
IBF implements technical assistance projects aimed at supporting human and institutional development in beneficiary countries.
The Expert Relation Manager and Tendering Assistant will work as part of the Technical Cooperation unit, whose team is responsible for preparing technical offers in response to calls for tenders financed by international donors. Depending on the needs of the company and on the experience of the candidate, the position may be covered by one or two persons.
- Liaising with local and international experts to set up the best teams to be proposed as part of the tendering process;
- Collecting information on experts’ experience and related supporting evidence;
- Coordinating and supervising a team of expert searchers;
- Analysis of expert’s profiles against set criteria and evaluation grids;
- Negotiating engagement conditions with retained experts;
- Tailoring the CVs of retained experts according to the specific features of each tender;
- Support search, analysis and tailoring activities on experts’ CVs (as above);
- Desk research, preparation of technical analyses and notes to be used in the prequalification and in the tendering process, drafting and tailoring of project references;
- Support in the collection and in the analysis of administrative documents and supporting evidence to ensure compliance with tender procedures;
- Liaise with project partners to set up project consortia and to exchange the inputs needed in the tendering process (project references, methodological inputs, proposed experts).
- University degree in the field of political sciences, languages, economics, law or equivalent (other degrees will be accepted if matched with equivalent experience).
- Excellent command of English and French (verbal and written communication);
- Good knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese will be considered an asset.
- Good command of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Excellent knowledge of text and image processing software will be considered an asset.
Personal skills and attitudes
- Team-working attitude, commitment and reliability;
- Strong analytic skills, writing skills and attention to details;
- Result-oriented and proactive attitude;
- Good relational and organizational skills;
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to stick to deadlines.
What makes the job attractive
- Unique opportunity to work in an international environment and in the development cooperation business;
- IBF is one of the world leaders in the business, is steadily growing, is financially stable and has a long track record (since 1977);
- The working environment is composed by young and dynamic professionals with excellent team spirit and high commitment;
- Possibility to work from different locations: Brussels, Torino, partly home based when needed for personal circumstances, possibility to undertake missions on the field if interested.
- IBF headquarters in Brussels and/or Torino offices.
Please send your application to Mr Federico MALLONE: firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.