Head of Unit - Budget, Contract and Vendor Management
EIB - European Investment Bank
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology Department (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) – IT Management Office Division (ITMO) – Budget, Contract and Vendor Management Unit (BCV), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Unit– Budget, Contract and Vendor Management.
This is a full time position at grade 6/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Head of Budget, Contract and Vendor Management Unit will manage the IT Department’s budget, purchasing, sourcing and contract management activities, ensuring compliance with procedures and best practices while achieving a high degree of efficiency, agility and value for money for IT.
S/he will provide advice, support and guidance to the Head of IT, Directors, Heads of Division and IT staff in every stage of the contract lifecycle, procurement and purchasing activities and assume responsibility for a range of associated planning, control and reporting activities within his/her area of responsibility.
S/he will report directly to the Head of the IT Management Office Division and represent IT within the Bank in respect of a wide range of planning, reporting and control functions within his/her area of responsibility.
Internally, s/he will interact with and provide information to numerous Bank services and in particular CS Coordination, CS/IMP/PROCUR, OCCO, SG/IS/PBA, Internal Audit, JU and represent IT in working groups. Externally, s/he will maintain contact and drive negotiations with IT suppliers and vendors and represent IT in EU inter-institutional calls for tenders and associated external working groups.
The Head of Budget, Contract and Vendor Management Unit will:
- Develop, propose, communicate and implement strategies, policies and procedures in the domain of the IT budget, purchasing, sourcing and contract management;
- Define and propose objectives and work plans of the Unit; this will include:
- Assuming overall responsibility for managing the IT budgets (current and capital), including budget planning, reviewing, forecasting, consumption monitoring, change management, workflow management and reporting;
- Guiding IT’s compliance with the Bank’s procurement rules, ensuring that appropriate procedures are used for the acquisition of goods and services;
- Driving and standardising the processes related to the management of IT calls for tenders and contracts;
- Managing the preparation of public and negotiated procurement procedures for IT;
- Managing the IT contracts and framework agreements, ensuring compliance with the relevant procedures and rules, including contract database management, contract change management, compliance and audit reviews (internal and external), call-off management and reporting;
- Providing continuous quality control on IT purchasing (requisitions and purchase orders) and invoice management procedures;
- Defining and proposing key performance indicators in the budget, purchasing, sourcing and contract management domain, providing the corresponding information and producing regular performance reports;
- Supervising the Unit’s staff in ensuring that information related to budget, purchasing, sourcing and contract management is available, consistent and up to date;
- Managing, developing and evaluating the performance of Unit staff, intervening whenever necessary to assist them in relevant execution processes.
- Play a leading role in contractual negotiations with the aim of establishing strong and stable relationships with vendors while ensuring that the market is kept under review and that value for money is realised;
- Provide advice and recommendations on planning and reporting issues in own domain in order to align EIB with best practice.
- University degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology or Law;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience (budgeting, purchasing, procurement, contract or vendor management, preferably IT related);
- Previous exposure to people management responsibilities;
- Good operational knowledge in business planning and reporting processes;
- Good understanding of EU public procurement regulations and laws;
- Good understanding of the EIB’s mission, policies and activities;
- Good understanding of the operating framework of the Bank, its activities and organisation;
- Good understanding of IT project management principles;
- Good understanding of the Bank’s procurement rules;
- Good knowledge of software applications/databases and tools used for planning and reporting processes (e.g. ERP solutions, i.e. Peoplesoft in the EIB context, reporting solutions, etc.);
- Fluent in English or French and a solid understanding of the other.
EIB core competencies
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
EIB managerial competencies
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs;
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights;
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 104065.
Deadline for applications: 3rd May 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.