Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine Programme
Eupen and Maastricht
Full-time position under Belgian law
Interreg V-A EMR in brief:
Welcome to the Euregio Meuse-Rhine where crossing borders is part of daily life. When working in the EMR, you may start your day in Liège (Belgium), continue with business meetings in Maastricht (the Netherlands) and conclude your day in the beautiful old town of Aachen (Germany). In fact, more than four million inhabitants value the borderless combination of vibrant cities, world-class research, rich cultural heritage and untouched nature every day. Since 1991, cross-border cooperation projects between the Belgian, German and Dutch partner regions have been supported by Interreg. The fifth generation of the Programme covers the entire territory of the Euregio Meuse-Rhine as well as several adjacent regions in Belgium and the Netherlands. Altogether, EUR 140 million of public funding have been made available by the European Union and the Programme partners (Member States, regions) for joint actions in the fields of innovation, economy, social inclusion, education and territorial development. The Province of Limburg (Netherlands) has been designated as the Managing Authority (MA) and Certifying Authority (CA) of the Interreg V-A EMR Programme. Consequently, the MA is also responsible for the coordination of the Joint Secretariat (JS) located in Eupen (East Belgium).
What are the Project Managers doing?
In close collaboration with the MA and the Regional Antennas (RAs) of the Programme, the Project Managers at the JS support the development of new projects, assess the quality of submitted applications and monitor the implementation of approved operations. Consequently, face-to-face meetings with project beneficiaries, state aid compliance checks and regular reporting duties towards the MA and the Programme partners belong to the broad portfolio of the Secretariat’s project-related tasks. Further to that, the Project Managers support the MA in the preparation of strategic Programme documents and the implementation of the evaluation strategy for the programming period 2014-2020. Finally, the JS serves as the liaison between the MA and the RAs and takes initiative for closer cooperation with other Interreg programmes in Europe.
Who are we looking for?
The JS of the Interreg V-A EMR Programme is looking for an experienced, committed and creative Project Manager who is enthusiastic to contribute to the success and further development of the Interreg V-A EMR Programme. Consequently, good understanding and practical experience in the management of European Territorial Cooperation programmes and/or projects is an indispensable requirement for candidates interested in the vacant position. When serving the applicants, beneficiaries and stakeholders of the Programme, the chosen candidate benefits from her/his sense for intercultural differences as well as her/his well-developed teamwork, communication and organisational skills. Her/his accuracy, result orientation and flexibility help her/him to handle a wide variety of tasks without compromising the good quality of her/his work. At the same time, she/he performs her/his tasks in an independent and timely manner, thus ensuring sound, efficient and result-oriented project management for the benefit of the Euregio.
What do we offer?
The chosen candidate will be recruited at earliest possible date.
The monthly gross salary is defined around 3.900 € depending on qualification, experience, etc.
Furthermore, other extra-legal advantages are foreseen.
The Province of Limburg as the Managing Authority and the Stichting Euregio Maas-Rijn as the host of the Joint Secretariat in Eupen offer an international working environment which acknowledges teamwork, performance and initiative. At the same time, the members of the EMR team benefit from personal development plans and an open feedback culture.
Workingplace will be located partly in Eupen and partly in Maastricht.
What is essential for us (mandatory requirements):
- university degree in a field relevant for the Programme;
- at least 5 years of professional experience in the management of Interreg programmes or projects, preferably gained at both levels;
- oral and written fluency (C1) in English and in one (or more) of the Programme languages (Dutch, French, German);
- strong analytical skills and the ability to well-structure and present complex matters;
- commitment to cross-border cooperation;
- intrinsic motivation and a positive attitude towards change and challenges;
- well-developed communication, presentation, moderation and teamwork skills.
What is also interesting for us (additional assets):
- theoretical and practical knowledge in one (or more) of the thematic priorities chosen by the Programme (innovation, SME support/sustainability, social inclusion, education, labour market, territorial development);
- understanding of political-administrative structures and relationships;
- moderation of multilateral stakeholder processes;
- experience in financial management, the use of simplified cost options (SCOs) and/or the management of state aid;
- experience in the preparation/implementation of Programme evaluations and/or the drafting of annual implementation plans;
- experience in advising and guiding applicants;
- commitment to accuracy and reliability;
- ability to work under stress.
How to apply:
In order to apply, please submit your motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org until 8 May 2017, 16:00 CET. When presenting their motivation, candidates should try to convince the Programme of their suitability for the announced position.
Short-listed candidates will be inviting to an interview. Most likely the interviews will be held in week 20 and/or 21. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Programme bodies.
Where to get more information:
For any further questions on the process and working conditions, please contact Mr. Michael Dejozé, Executive Director of the Stichting Euregio Maas-Rijn: email@example.com.
For any further questions on the profile and scope of the position, please contact Mr. Mark Vos, Coordinator of the Interreg V-A EMR Program: firstname.lastname@example.org.