AIJA - International Association of Young Lawyers
AIJA is looking to recruit an Events Coordinator.
If you have at least 3 years of experience dealing with events with 500 delegates and more, are multilingual and enjoy the hectic world of events, then this position might be for you!
AIJA is the only global association devoted to young lawyers under 45. Headquartered in Europe, AIJA organises nearly 20 events every year and they take place all around the world.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for the entire cycle of AIJA events. He/she will make sure that all AIJA events run smoothly, have a strict financial control, are the result of a good teamwork between all parties involved (AIJA headquarters, AIJA members, hotels, suppliers, etc.).
In particular he/she
Prior to the event
- Conducts site searches and prepares relevant reports;
- Organizes onsite visits prior to the events;
- Secures, books and contracts suitable venues (hotels, social program activities, etc.);
- Identifies and liaises with vendors (hotels, audio-visual, catering, meeting support material, DMCs), providing them with meetings specs;
- Develops and monitors all events related budgets;
- Ensures quality control in all events;
- Coordinates and manages program details, including meeting room set-up, audio-visual, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, and transportation;
- Supports the events’ marketing plan developed by the AIJA staff.
At the event
- Coordinates venue management, caterers, contractors and DMC support;
- Coordinates suppliers, handling AIJA Members queries and troubleshooting to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Leads the team on the ground for event setup;
- Monitors the budget.
After the event
- Follows-up with the different stakeholders to close the event;
- Closes the budget of the events.
- At least 3 year experience in Events Management with events with a minimum of 500 delegates;
- A proven track record of contracts management and successful negotiations with events vendors (e.g. hotels, venues, etc.);
- Previous experience with associations’ events is a clear advantage as well as a good understanding of membership-based organizations;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent English and French (written and oral) are essential. Additional languages an asset;
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with the team and AIJA members;
- Good sense of humor and team spirit;
- Availability to travel when necessary.
- Full time permanent contract;
- Competitive salary package;
- Desired start date: August 2017.
How to apply
Strictly no phone calls please.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information: www.aija.org