EBS - European Business Summit
Job category: Operations Manager
Contract: Permanent, full time
Starting date: 1 September or as negotiated
About the European Business Summit
The European Business Summit (EBS) is a company organising the annual high-level conference – the European Business Summit. As the largest and most influential debating and networking platform in Brussels, EBS brings together business, policy, associations, governments, NGOs and academia to discuss key challenges in Europe and in the world. Through a variety of debating and networking activities, EBS offers its partners the opportunity to engage in a dialogue where they can present solutions needed in today’s sociopolitical context. In addition to the annual EBS conference, European Business Summit is becoming recognised for its topic sector specific events such as Energy, Digital and Back from Davos.
About the position: main responsibilities
- Developing, and executing the overall EBS organisational and event management strategy;
- Overseeing the operations of the organisation in marketing, IT, communications, logistics, programme and sales departments;
- Ensuring effective planning and systematic, long-term approach to operations in each EBS departments;
- Ensuring all strategies, policies and procedures are up-to-date and well-executed by EBS staff;
- Developing effective tools to increase the efficiency and productivity;
- Identifying new tools and IT software to run the events in a more efficient manner especially with regards to registrations, databases and e-mailings;
- Managing and monitoring EBS databases and mailing lists;
- Putting in place best standards and practices to ensure prompt tasks execution;
- Monitoring, managing and evaluating information flow from both within and outside the organisation;
- Analysing and managing staff performance, providing feedback and advice on how to work more effectively;
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the EBS Partnership team;
- Other duties as requested.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience, preferably in senior operations role, ideally in EU affairs field, events, PR, marketing, sales or similar;
- Educational background in European affairs, event management, business, marketing or similar;
- Professional level written and spoken English, knowledge of French would be highly appreciated;
- Good understanding on how to effectively measure impact;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels;
- Excellent IT skills and experience in using IT to improve effectively at work;
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks simultaneously, often under tight deadlines;
- Exemplary sense of details while not losing focus of the overall scope;
- Positive attitude and outlook with the ability to combine creative and administrative work efficiently.
- Please follow the instructions and attach your CV and short cover letter mentioning "Operations Manager" by 15 July. Please click here.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.