Policy Consultancy for the Digital Single Market
London or Brussels
ICF is …
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in Brussels, the UK, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems by developing innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing society. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in excellence, collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are looking for a policy analyst with an interest in EU policy on the digital single market
We are looking for a policy analyst/researcher with an interest in EU policy on the Digital Single Market and related issues to join a well-established practice within ICF that provides research, evaluation and advisory services to EU institutions.
ICF holds contracts with European Union institutions (including DG Connect and DG Justice and Consumers of the European Commission) for provision of evidence and advice that informs the development of European policy relating to the Digital Single Market, the protection of consumer interests online and the movement of corporate legal and financial transactions online.
You will …
You will win, manage and deliver a diverse range of projects for our clients. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including managing others’ contributions and delivery.
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded legal specialists, policy analysts, economists and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to shape and review public policy. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver high quality research and analysis to clients, with a particular focus on research, impact assessment and evaluation of EU policies related to the Digital Single Market, the protection of consumer interests online and the movement of corporate legal and financial transactions online;
- Oversee and contribute to policy, legal research, analysis and evaluation;
- Manage project delivery;
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets;
- Build relationships with clients to understand and address their needs;
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships;
- The grade of the post will reflect the experience of the successful candidate but is likely to be at a senior consultant or managing consultant level.
You have …
You have five or more years’ experience of research and/or evaluation of public policies relating to digital markets, the protection of consumer interests online and the movement of corporate legal and financial transactions online. This experience could have been gained in consultancy, work for EU institutions, in academia, or as part of a think-tank.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about the work you do and have a proven track-record in winning and delivering impact assessments, evaluations and/or applied research projects.
You will have:
- Experience of developing appropriate conceptual and methodological approaches to fulfil a given set of research objectives;
- Experience of delivering high quality and policy-relevant research outputs;
- Experience of working on evaluations, impact assessments or research projects on EU policies and programmes related to the Digital Single Market, the protection of consumer interests online and the movement of corporate legal and financial transactions online;
- An ability to manage clients and diverse teams in a project setting;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Excellent writing skills in English (fluency in another European language an advantage);
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications);
- Master’s degree in law (preferably) or in political science, economics or social science.