Senior Proposal Writer Horizon 2020
INL - International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
Ref.06.17.122 - Senior Proposal Writer Horizon 2020
Department: Business and Strategic Relations
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: July 26th 2017 (Lisbon time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefit
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research and to deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges with specific emphasis on Aging & Wellbeing, Mobility & Urban Living and a Safe & Secure Society.
The work undertaken by our research centre will have a significant impact on people’s lives as well as notably contributing to the development of our society at large. INL recruits from all over the world and the objective of our recruitment process is to ensure that staff are employed on the basis of skills and requirements for the job and that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between INL’s expectations and the staff member's personal and professional career development. We value the diversity and multiculturalism of our teams. Further, our family friendly working practices and benefits are a great asset and an essential element in cultivating an attractive and inspiring workplace.
INL is seeking a qualified Senior Proposal Writer with solid experience in the development of proposals in Horizon 2020 Programmes related to the wider area of Nanotechnology and Nanosciences. The Senior Proposal Writer with solid experience for preparing bid.
Candidates should have sound knowledge of European funding sources and will engage with partner organisations and funding bodies to maximise external funding opportunities. Candidates must be graduates of technical disciplines of well-established European Universities. Other exceptional candidates from a recognized institution are also welcome.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Proposal Writer focused on European funded initiatives in the development of proposals in Horizon 2020 Programmes, including to build networks, foster communication and initiate collaborations between INL and international level R&D communities, will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Participate in EU level working groups and platforms;
- Find new companies to join the INL business community;
- Engage with main actors in the European landscape in the process of EU project development;
- Represent INL’s strategic interests at different (networking) events;
- Manage and foster relationships with INL`s partners (companies and RTD centres);
- Monitoring of suitable European innovation dedicated funding schemes;
- Develop project proposals for EU innovation related funding schemes;
- Develop project innovation strategy and work plan for project proposals;
- Identify international partners;
- Collect information from partners, processing of written inputs and background documents.
- Overall responsibility for the technical non-scientific management of the project;
- Oversee the development the project and to assure that the projects delivers on the visions stipulated in the DoW;
- Management of the international consortium of project partners and the organisation of meetings and events for the project.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- University degree in a science or engineering field is required. The possession of a post graduate degree or a PhD diploma is a plus;
- Proven track record (over 5 years’ experience) in writing and submitting proposals to European Framework funding programmes;
- Sound knowledge of EU (and other) funding programmes and opportunities.
- Experience in project management/implementation;
- Existing network and connections in the private sector;
- Availability to travel for partner meetings and events abroad;
- Fluency in English.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills and clearly demonstrated communication skills (written and oral);
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Commercial skills required to recruit industrial and scientific partners;
- Highly organised and dynamic;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- High level of personal discipline and integrity.
- English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.