Division: Marketing & Communications & CEO Office
Reports to: the Director of Marketing & Communications and the International Ambassador
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: 23 July 2017
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.
We address climate change across four priority themes: urban areas, land use, production systems, and climate finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Our approach starts with improving the way people live in cities. Our focus on industry creates the products required for a better living environment, and we look to optimise land use to produce the food people need.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose of the Role
As Executive Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support service to our Director of Marketing & Communications and our International Ambassador and manage our Brussel’s office.
- Provide administrative support;
- Manage the diary and appointments;
- Provide support to the EA to CEO with output, workflows and deadlines;
- Manage Brussels office (bookings, health & safety, office equipment, stationery, settling invoices etc.);
- Provide support with filing of electronic and hard copy documents;
- Manage and book travel;
- Arrange meetings, prepare agendas and draft minutes as required;
- Produce documents and power point presentations as required;
- Edit simple Public Relation texts;
- Process invoices, including managing the procurement process and raising Purchase Orders;
- Oversee budget with support from Finance;
- Tabulate and retrieve official expenditures and claims for these members;
- Take and relay accurate and timely messages from telephone callers, answering queries where possible and escalating as necessary;
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Arrange local transportation when necessary;
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by EA to CEO, Director or Ambassador;
- Arrange conference calls and video-conferencing.
Key Working Relationships
- Stefan Denig, Director of Marketing & Communications;
- Mary Ritter, International Ambassador;
- Brussel’s Climate-KIC team;
- Jacqueline Farley, EA to CEO;
- All Climate-KIC Staff including Executive team.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or above (or equivalent experience and/or qualifications) in a subject related to business support and/or climate change would be advantageous.
- Relevant EA experience;
- Proven ability to work with a variety of professionals and staff at all levels in complex stakeholder environments;
- Strong diary management skills;
- Office management experience;
- Ability to work with multiple Directors with varying needs;
- Familiar with meeting and workshop co-ordination;
- Able to book travel accurately and timely.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent typing skills;
- Good computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as minimum);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills, with a particular sensitivity to other cultures;
- Flexibility and a capacity to prioritize with changing external demands;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work accurately at all times, including in highly pressurised situations.
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive; a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment;
- Well presented, with a bright, confident personality;
- Have proven experience coordinating individuals and teams;
- Ability to work flexibly within a new and changing environment;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Willingness to travel (in particular the job will involve from time to time travel to London, where the International Ambassador is based);
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of Climate-KIC.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org.