GeSI - Global e-Sustainability Initiative
In 2016, GeSI decided to make the Sustainable Development Goals its overall framework for action up to 2030, and agreed on the need to adapt its internal structure to better manage its new projects and collaborations.
As part of this evolution, the Board has been tasked with recruiting a Managing Director to ensure the management of the organization’s activities, staff and resources; and to implement the strategic directions received by the Board and membership.
The selection process for this position is now open! Requirements and instructions on how to apply are listed below.
Overseeing GeSI activities and being responsible for the management of GeSI's resources as well as the establishment of strategic goals and formulation of plans to make sure those goals are met.
- Maintain and develop relationships with governments, policy-making bodies and a multitude of stakeholders;
- Maintain good relations with membership, retaining members and recruiting new members;
- Represent the organisation externally on public platforms (i.e. media facing, attending conferences, etc.) in consultation with the Chairman of the Board;
- Implement the policy and strategy determined by the Board with key stakeholders/members;
- Ensure all current and future GeSI programmes are delivering value to members;
- Track a multitude of policy developments and identify areas which can benefit from GeSI member engagement;
- Provide general management of payroll, forecasting, allocating budgets, new hires and presenting new ideas internally;
- Monitor costs against budget;
- Lead, mentor, motivate, empower the GeSI staff to help the organisation deliver on projects, events and activities;
- Liaise with Board of Directors to make sure all efforts are in alignment: in performing these duties, the Managing Director will maintain close liaison with the Chairman of the Board and report on these duties to the GeSI Board.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The candidate must have spent at least 10 years in a leading positions as Chief Sustainability Officer, Head of CSR/Executive VP or SVP, Chairman or Managing Director of ICT Industry organisations;
- The candidate must be a recognised thought leader in the sustainability area;
- The candidate is required to have:
- Recognised experience and reputation in the ICT sustainability environment;
- Recognised capacity to engage and lead complex projects with focus in the Sustainability area and in line with GeSI vision and mission;
- Recognised strategic vision to lead and grow complex organisations;
- The right personality to lead a global organisation, strategic for the ICT industry sector it represents;
- Ability to excel in situations of limited human and financial resources;
- A broad network of contacts/relationships at all levels in private and public sectors as well as supranational institutions and undisputed reputation;
- A clear understanding of the importance of inter-personal relationships, flexibility and dynamic cultures in small teams;
- Organisational and analytical skills;
- Experience and skill in project management;
- Experience and skill in business development;
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak in both large forums and smaller groups;
- Ability to listen, lead and engage at all levels.
How to apply:
Candidates should express their interest through an application letter addressed to the GeSI Chairman and sent to the GeSI Director email@example.com, accompanied by a CV. Letters of support from GeSI members will be highly appreciated. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis, with a view to organize a first round of interviews at the end of August.