TL & Knowledge Manager
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP MANAGER
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 158 countries, with 67,731 people working out of 1,401 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $7.6 billion in 2016.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
The Global Office is seeking a Thought Leadership (TL) Manager to join our team and to run our global thought leadership (GTL) programme. The objective of this role is to lead the thought leadership plan as well as work to develop innovative solutions to make thought leadership available to the network, our people, clients and prospects.
It will involve developing and managing a suite of GTL programmes, analysing the BDO network’s current TL output and reach, shortlisting topics for global adaptation, liaising with our member firms, creating thought leadership reports, developing solutions for both thought leadership and our expertise to reach the maximum audience.
This key position reports to the Senior Manager leading the Global Knowledge Management function that forms a part of the Global Business Development and Marketing team of our Global Office.
- Lead and develop the global thought leadership programme through maximising the potential of existing member firm TL as well as leading the generation of new global content;
- Manage the TL initiative from inception to delivery;
- Develop and deliver innovative knowledge sharing methods, tools and channels to further the reach of our TL and technical expertise;
- Engage with our network to create global thought leadership, promote global content and capabilities;
- As part of the wider KM strategy establish the TL strategy and the TL community around the network.
Coordination & communication:
- Takes the lead on all internal and external communications relating to the global TL;
- Manages the existing TL content, categorises it and makes it available to the necessary audiences;
- Analyses the existing content and the market need to identify the need for new content referencing BDO’s strategic plan and the existing competitor landscape;
- Works with external research organisations to commission new research as required;
- Maintains an annual calendar of TL initiatives.
Reports & toolkits:
- Facilitates coordination between global teams and in-firm marketing resource, working with subject matter experts to develop meaningful and relevant content;
- Defines processes and procedures for TL generation, supporting materials and management of TL projects in general;
- Oversees the design of TL, working with internal or external designers where necessary;
- Develops individual programme briefs - including planning, objectives and scope - for each piece of TL deemed globally applicable;
- Establishes the format of regular reporting on the efficiency and reach of the TL;
- Works with business developers and marketers to develop internal and external materials to aid local activation, liaising with PR to coordinate media outreach and developing key BD tools for use by the network.
- Manages and develops the global TL/Insights microsite on our internal knowledge sharing platform, providing and maintaining an active overview of TL content and functionality;
- Maintains active overview of content and functionality of the TL ‘Insights’ section on the global web site;
- Contributes to knowledge management agenda by supporting new tool development in the area of sharing internal and external thought leadership.
The TL Manager should be tenacious, comfortable working in a matrix environment and at ease with with technology.
Specifically, he/she should possess the following:
- Experience with content management systems, in business development, marketing and or knowledge management environment, ideally with a focus on developing thought leadership or sharing/brokering expertise;
- Bachelor or master’s degree;
- Proven experience in managing projects;
- B2B experience and knowledge of professional services; ability to get to grips with relatively technical subject matter;
- Effective engagement and influencing skills and ability to manage stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds with strong focus on collaboration, communication and building business relationships;
- Ability to work effectively in an international team and take an ownership of the task and the deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on achieving excellent results through being accurate, independent and responsible;
- Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to see the bigger picture with proven experience in working with Google Analytics and other analytical tools. Skills working with SEO an advantage;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including advanced level use of Excel;
- Aptitude to quickly absorb new technologies, experience working with SharePoint is an asset;
- Fluency in both verbal and written English; other languages are a plus.