Climate Change & Environmental International Specialist
Lyngby, Aarhus or Brussels
Are you a climate change, sustainability and land use specialist? Are you self-driven and possess an analytical mind, then please read on.
COWI holds an international key position within bioeconomy, climate change and agricultural services and our market share is growing.
Our bioeconomy, climate change and agricultural services group with the Environment and Water Division is looking for an international specialist and/or project manager for one of our offices in Lyngby, Aarhus or Bruxelles. Are you ready to join our team of top-professional and engaged colleagues working to improve the use of bio-based resources?
We are working on EU, international and Danish projects solving policy, governance, finance or sustainability issues in the field of environment, land use, forestry, agriculture, and the use of bio-based resources. Our clients are European Commission, the World Bank, the private energy and bioeconomy sector, and the Scandinavian Agencies: Environment, Nature, Agriculture and Energy.
DEVELOPING POLICIES, STRATEGIES & SOLUTIONS
You have a Bachelor's degree in Natural and Environmental Science and a Master's degree in environmental, law or international studies. You have 3-10 years of experience in the nexus of climate change and land use, forestry, agriculture and bio-resources. You have at least 2 years of international work experience.
You will lead work on developing policies, strategies and solutions to promote sustainable, low carbon development in agriculture and forestry and dependent industries in Europe and globally.
We offer a position that can be full time 37 hours per week or part time from 25 hours per week if you need more time at home. Our workdays are flexible and subject to our clients' needs and your responsibilities. You will be expected to travel 5-20 days a year.
You will report to the head of section of the area and your daily work will be related to projects and markets.
MANAGE PROJECTS & LEAD ANALYTICAL WORKS
Your responsibilities lie within:
- Design and execution of methodologies, lead analytical work, draft reports and develop solutions and recommendations for our clients;
- Manage projects according to agreed scope of work, budget and time;
- Manage and develop networks with researchers, policy makers, institutions and market actors in your field of expertise;
- Manage and develop organizational knowledge in your field of expertise;
- Produce and quality assure reports in professional policy english;
- Lead meetings, make and execute presentations, design and be moderator at workshops.
STRUCTURING, MANAGING & DRAFTING HIGH QUALITY POLICY
You have documented experience in the following:
- Preferably, you have experience from either international policy development, either from a Public Authority, EU and its institutions, Development Banks or International NGOs; or
- You have experience in the management of sustainability in global supply chains for an agricultural commodity dependent EU based company;
- You are proficient in English. If you also have good language skills in Danish/French/Spanish or Portuguese that will be an advantage;
- You have experience in setting up, structuring, managing, reviewing and drafting high quality policy reports targeted at international expert readers;
- You have gained first-hand experience with the EU Common Environmental and Agricultural Policy, major sustainability schemes (such as FSC), REDD+, FLEGT, EUTR, LULUCF or relevant UN conventions is an asset.
DRIVEN BY ENGAGEMENT
You can recognize yourself in the below statements:
- You have strong networking skills;
- You deliver quality work according to deadlines;
- You are focused on results;
- You consider yourself as well organized and analytical;
- You are positive, solution driven and have an open mind-set;
- You are driven by engagement to promote sustainable development globally.
COWI AS A WORK PLACE
We offer an exciting job in COWI where we want to stay "One Step Ahead" through focus on our differentiators and enablers within business understanding, operational excellence, innovation and high performance culture.
For further information, please contact:
Asger Strange Olesen, European Market Manager
Environment, Health & Safety
Mobile: +45 4176 2297
Anne Mette R. von Benzon, Vice President
Environment, Health & Safety
Mobile: +45 2469 6693
We look forward to receiving your CV and application in English at the latest on 15 August 2017.