Technical Manager European Plasticisers
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
The chemical industry is a € 500+ billion industry, providing over 1 million direct jobs and nearly 2.5 million indirect jobs in Europe. The industry's products are essential to 95% of everything manufactured: hygiene, health, mobility, construction, computers and electronics all rely on the chemical industry. The sector is also critical to meeting future needs, such as developing energy sources or managing scarce resources. The chemical industry is essential for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Located in Brussels Cefic represents the industry vis-à-vis EU institutions and involves member federations and companies in European advocacy. We employ more than 150 people.
For its Specialty Chemicals team and one of its major Sector Groups, Cefic is looking for a (M/F): Technical Manager European Plasticisers.
Mission of the role:
Coordinate the work and projects of the sector’s Scientific Working Group and act as a spokesperson of the Plasticiser industry on scientific and technical issues in order to position, communicate and safeguard its interests at all times.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Assist the sector group manager in the daily management of the Sector Group. Be a source of specialist advice and information about the plasticiser and PVC industry and, in agreement with the sector group manager and the member companies, implement the group’s strategy to deal with the scientific and regulatory issues the industry will face;
- Coordinate the work and projects of the sector’s Scientific Working Group, under guidance of its Chairman;
- Act as a spokesperson, advocate and official representative of the plasticiser industry on scientific and technical issues in official and professional bodies in order to position, communicate and safeguard its interests at all times;
- Identify existing and emerging issues that could affect the plasticisers and PVC industry and contribute to the coordinated strategy for the sector group’s members;
- Have regular contacts with the EU and Member State authorities, and liaise with non-European plasticiser associations globally;
- Manage scientific consultants working for European Plasticisers and ensure they work in synergy with each other in order to reach their objectives and deliverables.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who demonstrates the following experience, competencies and motivation:
- Academic background: preferably Msc. in Chemical Engineering, Applied Sciences or Chemistry/biochemistry;
- 3 to 5 years of working experience at international level on scientific issue management, preferably in the chemical or resins industry;
- Experience with EU regulatory framework;
- Bilingual or full professional proficiency in English and at least one other European language; additional languages are a definite asset;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills: speak and write in a clear and concise way, give well-organized and convincing presentations, build consensus, show strong interpersonal skills and ability to solve conflicts;
- Curious mind and eagerness to learn and grow within the Specialty Chemicals cluster;
- Motivation to travel regularly (about 20%).
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before September 10th, 2017 to Cefic, Maggie Saykali, Director Plastics Additives and Resins, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail: email@example.com.