Director Support Services M/F
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium
Application deadline: 30/09/2017
Contract: Full time, permanent position
Based in: Brussels, with regular travel
Start date: As soon as possible
In Africa, millions of people survive by their livestock. Yet veterinary care is often insufficiently available. When farmers lose their herds to disease, drought or conflict, they lose everything: their pride, their culture, their savings and their livelihood. By helping to care for livestock and improve production, Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium (VSF) supports local populations in their struggle against hunger and poverty.
VSF is a Belgian NGO, with headquarters in Brussels and regional offices in West Africa and the region of the Great Lakes.
Our mission is to empower disadvantaged livestock dependent communities in the South to improve their well-being. We have development programs in 8 African countries: Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, DR Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and Tanzania. In Europe, our activities focus on sensitization and lobbying of consumers, livestock professionals and decision makers.
We are a dynamic organization that is internationally recognized for its expertise and quality. We have recently begun an organizational change process to ensure that our support services (finance, HR, IT, administration, and logistics) respond better to the client’s needs.
We are looking for a Director Support Services that addresses the following challenges:
- Improve the efficiency of the organization's support services and monitor them through Key Performance Indicators;
- Anchor the financial stability of the organization;
- Ensure that the financial and HR strategies of the organization strengthen the long-term position of VSF as a key livestock actor and expert.
The Director Support Services is responsible for the proper functioning of the support services departments.
The Director Support Services leads the various departments Finance, HR, IT, Administration and Logistics, taking into account the overall strategy of the organization. With his/her energy, enthusiasm and leadership, the Director Support Services inspires and motivates the staff of VSF of the service departments.
The Director Support Services reports to the CEO. He/she is part of the Executive Committee and reports to the Board of Directors regarding the support services.
- Ensure that the various support services departments work optimally and in a decentralized manner;
- Contribute to the strategic development of the organization;
- Ensure that the strategy for all support services (financial management, HR, IT, etc.) is developed in line with the overall strategy of the organization;
- Ensure that a motivating framework for financial and accounting management, internal control, human resource management, IT etc. is developed/improved and is implemented;
- Ensure that the organization has sound financial dash boards and that they are communicated to the stakeholders;
- Ensure that the financial reports are produced in accordance with the procedures of institutional donors and see to it that the financial and organizational audits are conducted smoothly;
- Leading and coaching an international team.
- A university degree, preferably in economics or business management.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting and financial management, and also preferably in human resource management, in a senior function;
- Experience in developing and rolling out financial and HR systems;
- Excellent knowledge of the management of an organization (strategic and organizational development, financial management, human resource management, internal control, follow-up KPIs);
- Experience in leading strategic and organizational change processes and experience in the role of "change agent";
- Experience with regard to the procedures of institutional donors (eg DGD, ECHO, USAID) and with regard to the sector of development cooperation is an advantage;
- Excellent IT knowledge;
- Good knowledge of French and English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and people management skills, and demonstrated ability and experience to lead and motivate teams across different countries;
- Excels at performing in a dynamic environment and inspiring stakeholders and engaging them enthusiastically in a project;
- Is result oriented;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Strong ability to adapt to an ever changing context.
- Share the values (respect, transparency and sustainability), mission and vision of VSF;
- Show respect for others and for other cultures;
- Have an open and positive attitude that inspires confidence;
- Willing to travel to Africa regularly.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your motivation letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three reference persons by e-mail to email@example.com before 30 September 2017.
Candidates should be eligible to work within the European Union. Candidates need to have, at the time of application, the legal right to work in Belgium. We regret that we are not able to apply for work-permits on their behalf.