The Contract Management unit within ICF Mostra provides assistance to project managers with pricing, contract administration and contract implementation in general.
For our office in Brussels, ICF Mostra is looking for a person to replace our Contracts Officer during maternity leave (from Nov 2017 to May 2018). The ideal candidate would be familiar with contractual matters and project management techniques and will demonstrate a high ability to work as a team member, in close collaboration with other members of the Contracts Management Unit, project managers, the Business Development unit and specialised teams. A preference will be shown to candidates who are familiar with European Commission contractual matters and associated legal issues.
- Perform Tender documentation review for use by the Business Development team and drafting of Partnership, Pre-bid, Non-disclosure and Subcontract Agreements as necessary;
- Assist project managers in identifying contractual risks and ensure project execution in accordance with contract terms and conditions as well as company policies. Highlight any potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact on project results and performance;
- Pay particular attention to Intellectual Property Rights and Data Privacy and Security issues together with other risks and quality objectives. Support teams in drafting disclaimers and competition rules, review collaborators (e.g. bloggers) agreements, etc.… Guide them in the preparation of supporting documentation for IPR – licenses, transfer statements, etc...;
- Attend in drafting official communication requiring contractual validation – contract amendment requests, complaint letters, etc...;
- Coordinate with other corporate functions, such as operational finance, accounting and legal, procurement, to ensure adherence to client and company regulations and coherence in internal contract implementation practices;
- Maintain the Framework Contracts Overview information and keep track of Price Indexing and other applicable requests for amendment;
- Ensure the back-up for the Contract Administration and Signature activities.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in law - with direct experience of contract and risk management;
- Demonstrated experience in working with EU Institutions contracts and regulations;
- Competences in dealing with Intellectual Property Rights matters (licensing, clearance, transfer, etc…) and application of EU Data Protection and Security Policy;
- Fair understanding of activity areas in Communication and Marketing (Editorial, Graphic Design, Video, Web, Events, Social Media, Public Relations, Media buying, Etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate precision and attention to detail;
- Structured and well organised, able to effectively prioritise tasks;
- Very good oral and written communication in English;
- Proactive, providing pragmatic solutions;
- Team player, with collaborative attitude in a matrix-based structure.