(Part time, 50%)
Eurocarers is the European network representing informal carers and their organisations, irrespective of the particular age or health need of the person they are caring for, with the aim of advancing their interests both at national and EU level. Carers are people who provide (usually unpaid) care to someone with a chronic illness, disability or other long-lasting health or care need, outside a professional or formal employment framework. Our objective is to contribute to the development of sustainable, people-centred and community-based care services that fully recognise and value the contribution of carers.
In order to strengthen our team, we are opening a permanent part-time (50%) position as Communication Officer to join our Secretariat in Brussels. The Communication Officer will be responsible for the design and implementation of Eurocarers’ communication strategy (in close cooperation with the Executive Director), the management of Eurocarers’ communication tools (website, newsletter, social media and ad-hoc publications), as well as the successful and timely completion of Eurocarers’ dissemination deliverables in the framework of various EU-funded projects.
- Develop, implement and regularly review Eurocarers' general communication strategy, under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close cooperation with national and regional member organisations and relevant EU-level stakeholders;
- Independently manage communications tools and materials, including website, marketing materials, press releases, fact sheets, articles, op-eds, reports, etc. as part of our core activities and various contributions to EU-funded projects on care, carers and caring;
- Drafting, editing and proofreading texts (articles, reports, etc.) in a variety of styles and formats; support the team in drafting and editing other written materials, especially for advocacy purposes;
- Liaison with external suppliers such as writers, printers, photographers, video producers; overseeing production processes including artwork and design; Identify opportunities for media coverage and monitor media coverage at Brussels and Member State level on issues relevant to Eurocarers' mission.
- Adherence to Eurocarers’ vision (experience working with or as informal carer an asset);
- Excellent spoken and written English, additional EU languages an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience in writing and editing texts of different styles tailored to different audiences;
- University degree in communication, journalism, EU politics, or a related field; or extensive experience in communication, campaigning and journalism;
- At least 3 years of experience in working in communications and/or campaigning, preferably at regional or EU level, within a consultancy or in-house;
- Good level of experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Ability to express complex ideas with clarity;
- Good knowledge of media relations at EU level an asset;
- Basic knowledge of the EU institutions and political decision-making process;
- Ability to work in small, busy multilingual team;
- Ability to manage a complex workload and to plan and prioritise.
What we offer
- An attractive salary package, including luncheon vouchers as well as health and pension insurances;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international environment;
- Possibility of flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the position to Mr Stecy Yghemonos (firstname.lastname@example.org), Eurocarers Executive Director by Friday 10th November 2017.
Your email’s subject heading should read ‘Application for the position of Eurocarers’ Communication Officer’.
Interviews will be held during the week of the 20th November. The successful candidate will be expected to join our team ASAP – Ideally on the 8th January 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Eurocarers cannot refund travel and accommodation costs for the interviews. Nevertheless, interviews can be organised by phone or Skype, if necessary. Eurocarers is an equal opportunity employer.