Eurocarers is the European network representing informal carers and their organisations, irrespective of the particular age or health need of the person they are caring for, with the aim of advancing their interests both at national and EU level. Carers are people who provide (usually unpaid) care to someone with a chronic illness, disability or other long-lasting health or care need, outside a professional or formal employment framework. Our objective is to contribute to the development of sustainable, people-centred and community-based care services that fully recognise and value the contribution of carers.
In order to strengthen our team, we are opening a full-time and fixed-term (3 years - from January 2018 to December 2020) position as Project Officer to join our Secretariat in Brussels. The Project Officer will be responsible for the successful and timely completion of Eurocarers’ deliverables in the framework of two EU-funded Projects (Erasmus + and Horizon 2020 programmes). He/She will also contribute to the development of evidence-based policy recommendations building on these projects.
- Overall responsibility for the management of Eurocarers’ input in two European projects focusing on ICT-based solutions for integrated care (e.g. Smart textiles, Online training for care professionals, etc.), in close cooperation with the Executive Director;
- Daily communication with EU project partners;
- Organisation of in-country focus groups meetings to test the solutions developed through the projects;
- Development and update of project website, in collaboration with the Communication officer;
- Preparation and processing of technical and financial reports;
- Proactive dissemination of results;
- Organisation of teleconferences/project meetings/workshops/conferences as required.
- Adherence to Eurocarers’ vision (experience working with or as informal carer an asset);
- Knowledge of EU institutions and procedures;
- University degree (in European studies, law, economics, political sciences or international relations);
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management;
- Excellent English writing skills (candidates not complying with the requested level will not be considered) - other languages are considered as an asset;
- Ability to work in small, busy multilingual team;
- Ability to manage a complex workload and to plan and prioritise;
- Computer literacy;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
- Knowledge of both the Horizon 2020 and Erasmus+ Programmes;
- Experience in content management, communication and sharing;
- Experience in community building;
- Experience in the organisation of international meetings.
What we offer
- An attractive salary package, including luncheon vouchers as well as health and pension insurances;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international environment;
- Possibility of flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a two-page (maximum) cover letter to Mr Stecy Yghemonos (firstname.lastname@example.org), Eurocarers Executive Director by Friday 10th November 2017.
Your email’s subject heading should read ‘Application for the position of Eurocarers’ Project Officer’. Your letter should briefly outline how you fulfil the requirements of the position as well as your views on the potential offered by ICT solutions in the fields of health and long-term care.
Interviews will be held during the week of the 20th November. The successful candidate will be expected to join our team ASAP – Ideally on the 8th January 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Eurocarers cannot refund travel and accommodation costs for the interviews. Nevertheless, interviews can be organised by phone or Skype, if necessary. Eurocarers is an equal opportunity employer.