Project and Event Manager
EUFORES - European Forum for Renewable Energy Sources
EUFORES is the European cross-party network of Members of Parliament from the European Parliament as well as from the EU27 national and regional Parliaments. EUFORES’ core objective is the promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency. EUFORES has developed a broad spectrum of activities – in and outside of the Parliaments of Europe – in order to coordinate the exchange between its members.
Summary of position
EUFORES is looking for a “Project and Event Manager” for the organisation of parliamentary events and the management of EU-funded projects.
Location & Duration
EUFORES Secretariat, Renewable Energy House (Rue d´Arlon 63-65, 1040 Brussels). The position includes occasional missions within EU. Full time position to be held from latest 1 October 2023.
EUFORES Job Profile: Scope of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage projects and activities;
- General management of EU-funded projects: Coordination of work packages and tasks with project partners, general contract implementation and project reporting (EU Funding Programmes like Horizon2020, LIFE etc.);
- Keep informed about renewable energy and energy efficiency policies and discussions on the EU level;
- Project communication: newsletters, press releases, mailings, brochures etc.
- Prepare, organise, manage, implement and follow-up all general and project related events of EUFORES (Inter-Parliamentary Meetings and workshops in national parliaments, breakfast roundtables, workshops and dinners in the European Parliament etc.);
- Manage all event related onsite issues: rooms, catering, technical requirements, hostesses, hotels, services, side events, transport etc.;
- Keep up relations with managing counterparts in the European Parliament and national parliaments.
Your Profile: Required Professional and Personal Skills
- Post-graduate University Degree in a related field (political and social science, international relations, management, European studies, intercultural management etc.);
- Excellent knowledge on EU institutions, renewable energy, energy efficiency and environmental issues;
- At least 3 years work experience in project, event, communications, funding and office management and in the field of EU institutions (experience from European Parliament or Commission welcome);
- Excellent written and oral English (German and French very welcome);
- First class management and representation skills;
- Advanced IT user skills (Excel, Word, Internet, Photoshop, InDesign, Social Media);
- Excellent communication qualities especially in writing, editing and drafting;
- Ability to research, evaluate, negotiate, establish and maintain relationships with members, partners, speakers and high level officials and decision makers;
- Cultural awareness, flexibility and strong team orientation;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- References welcome.
- Please direct your CV with photo and motivation letter;
- To Dr. Jan Geiss, Secretary General of EUFORES, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Via e-mail only;
- With the subject "Application Project & Event Manager – your name";
- Strictly no telephone calls!
- Application deadline: 29th September 2023. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Personal Interviews will be held in Brussels in September 2023.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.