Business Development Manager
BPIE - Buildings Performance Institute Europe
As a prominent think tank with offices in Brussels and Berlin, we are leading the conversation on buildings and climate, making the case for ambitious, human-centric policies that will bring the built environment in line with global and European climate objectives. This is a unique opportunity to work for a values-driven employer with an excellent reputation in Brussels and globally, who works (and plays!) hard, and encourages creativity and diversity in our team.
ABOUT THE JOB
BPIE is looking for an operational and strategic business development professional to contribute to the fundraising success story of BPIE and to the further development of its methodologies and processes. This is a new position at BPIE which has grown significantly in the last few years. The position offers perspectives for growth and professional development on operational and strategic levels. Working in a SME-size non-profit association entails flexibility, agility and independence. Our new Business Development Manager will join the Operations team and report directly to our Head of Finance & Operations to support BPIE with an efficient coordination of fundraising development activities, while working closely with all BPIE teams (research, communication, and operations) for a strong fundraising strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Operational responsibilities (80% FTE)
- Manage autonomously the project proposal cycle of EU and national grant making schemes and public tenders, such as LIFE, Horizon Europe, EUKI, etc. from A to Z:
- Monitor revenues sources in alignment with BPIE strategy and funding priorities;
- Analyse, present and follow-up relevant calls and project opportunities to the management;
- Lead independently project proposals preparation by coordinating and supporting the timely involvement of respective BPIE team members;
- Manage relationships with funders and project partners.
- Update methodologies, develop and implement effective processes and tools for project proposals:
- Optimize team planning and time allocation in coordination with the Head of Research and Head of Communications;
- Coordinate and track projects proposals submission and progress;
- Have an updated fundraising toolbox including support and administrative documents;
- Map existing and new knowledge partners.
Strategic responsibilities (20% FTE)
- Contribute with the Management team to the fundraising strategy to increase revenues from diverse sources (corporate sponsorship, foundations, governments and international institutions);
- Identify and map potential new funding partners.
- Higher education or equivalent professional training in relevant discipline, such as economics, political or environmental sciences, or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in successful fundraising, proposal writing and business development in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of EU and national research and grant programs;
- Familiarity with EU and member states energy and climate policies;
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders from private sector, national governments, and EU institutions;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- German language is an asset;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Autonomy in organization of work and coordination with of the team assigned to projects;
- Willingness to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a pro-active and constructive team player;
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily in Europe.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A permanent and full-time contract;
- Location: the office is located in the Trône/Arts-Loi area in Brussels and are therefore very easily accessible by public transport;
- A competitive and comprehensive benefits package in line with the non-for-profit sector, including a health and pension insurance package, homeworking allowance, meal vouchers, etc.;
- Flexibility: up to 3 days of homeworking/week, remote work from abroad, flexible working schedule with core hours based on a 38h/week;
- A challenging and inspiring role in a leading think tank recognized in Brussels and internationally, working on one of the most pressing topics of our time – climate change;
- The chance to develop own initiatives, to implement strategic actions, and give strategic input for the development of the organisation;
- The chance to work with a diverse range of stakeholders from across the buildings value chain, to learn and gain technical expertise in this field;
- A supportive work environment with highly cooperative teammates who are committed to fighting climate change and having fun in the process.
Applications should be submitted in English and online via the "Apply Now" button no later than 13th of October 2023 (midnight Brussels time).
Interviews will be planned for short-listed candidates in October 2023 and will include a first and second round. A written test may be organised for the 2nd round.
The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
At BPIE, we are committed to promoting equality and diversity within our organization and ensuring equal opportunities in recruitment. We believe in equal opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, and paternity. All hiring decisions are based solely on merit. We encourage everyone to apply, even if they do not meet all the criteria.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, BPIE has a legal duty to protect any information collected from applicants. Information contained in applications may be privileged or confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the recruiting process.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.