Please note this is job ad is for DEMONSTRATION ONLY, it is not a real position
Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International is the leading Fairtrade standard setting and certification body. It regularly inspects and certifies about 508 producer organizations in more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It permits nearly 1,5 million producers, workers and their dependents in more than 60 developing countries to benefit from labeled Fairtrade.
FLO International is at the heart of policy thinking for the whole of the Fair Trade movement. As Fairtrade enters the mainstream market more and more new challenges and opportunities in the area of policy arise and at the same time new stakeholder groups are becoming involved and are important to our work. We are looking for a talented and creative person who can help us define Fairtrade´s policy and approach to these stakeholders. The person needs to be multi-lingual and with an outstanding ability to communicate. FLO International would especially welcome candidates from the global South. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
FLO International are recruiting a
Reporting to: Director of the Policy Unit
Facilitate FLO International’s Director of the Policy Unit in developing policies for the organization and labelled Fairtrade, contribute to the strengthening and management of collaborative partnerships with a wider range of key stakeholders and support the organization’s development of new areas of certification and impact assessment.
- Support and advise FLO International’s Director of the Policy Unit in policy development.
- Coordinate FLO’s activities on impact assessment and particularly the implementation of its Monitoring and Evaluation module.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic relations policy for Fairtrade Labelling.
- Coordinate FLO’s projects to develop new areas of Fairtrade labelling certification
- Research, consultation with relevant parties, elaboration of policy drafts.
- Coordination of discussion, decision-making and implementation.
- Consult, manage communications and liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Represent Fairtrade labelling in selected conferences, workshops, seminars and projects of external relations.
- Liaising with the Fair Trade Advocacy Office in Brussels, Belgium.
- Undertaking such other tasks as are considered necessary by Director of the Policy Unit and are consistent with the level and responsibilities of this post.
- Academic degree or equivalent academic qualifications
- Several years of experience in a relevant position
- Demonstrated experience in handling multi-stakeholder issues in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Fluency in English, and at least one other European language
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. We will only consider those who meet the listed requirements.
Terms and conditions
- Position based in the FLO office in Bonn, Germany
- The working language is English
- Remuneration in accordance to CBA category VIa plus an attractive benefits package
- 30 days holiday
- Travelling required
- Beginning of employment: as soon as possible
- Please consult www.yourwebsite.com for more information on Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International and its members.
- Please apply by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is March Xth, 200X
- Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted
- Interviews will take place during week XX
- (This is not a real job, just a sample for demonstration on EuroBrussels. Do not contact FLO about this position.)
© EuroBrussels.com, 2008
all rights reserved