Membership and Capacity-Building Officer
EPF - European Patients' Forum
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’ community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU.
EPF currently represents 67 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated 150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
EPF’s vision for the future is that all patients with chronic and/or lifelong conditions in the EU have access to high quality, patient-centred equitable health and social care.
The EPF strategic goals focus on areas such as health literacy, healthcare design and delivery, patient involvement, patient empowerment, sustainable patients’ organisations and non-discrimination.
More information: www.eu-patient.eu.
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF)is recruiting a Membership & Capacity-Building Officer to join its Secretariat in April 2017.
Deadline for applications: 28th February
Interviews week of 6 March.
Starting date: 1 April (as soon as possible)
Purpose of the role
- Acting as a bridge between EPF members and the EPF Secretariat, making sure the priorities of EPF members are reflected in our work, and that the members make the most of their EPF membership;
- Supporting the implementation of the EPF Capacity Building Programme for patients’ organisations.
Key areas of responsibiilty
Leading on membership involvement
- In consultation with the EPF Director of Operations & Engagement, and reflecting the overall EPF strategic plan, implement and enhance the EPF membership strategy to ensure that EPF serves the needs of its members to the optimum;
- In collaboration with the EPF policy team, encourage EPF membership input and response to EPF policy consultations. Facilitate cross fertilization of EPF members’ activities and projects;
- Plan and develop the contents and structure of events for EPF members;
- In collaboration with the team, encourage active membership involvement in EPF events, social media activities;
- Lead in the recruitment of new members, management of application procedures and facilitation of their integration and active involvement in EPF.
Operational Responsibility for the implementation of the EPF Capacity Building Programme
- Planning, monitoring, and implementing the EPF Capacity Building Programme for patient organisations at national and European level, which includes:
- design of new training modules;
- identification and selection of local experts and trainers;
- liaising with EPF members and all other participating organisations in the countries concerned;
- supervising the work of external contractors to ensure they deliver on time, on budget and to the right standards of quality;
- designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and activities in respect of individual training modules as well as the Capacity Building Programme as such.
Performing administrative tasks related to membership
- In collaboration with the administrative team ensure an up-to-date and targeted membership data base;
- Responsible for the Membership budget line.
Profile of the candidate
- University level education;
- 3 years’ work experience;
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and one other EU language very well;
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written;
- Commitment to EPF values;
- Experience of collaborative working between different stakeholder groups;
- Knowledge and experience of how a membership-based NGO operates;
- Experience in planning and delivering training to civil society groups;
- Excellent knowledge of Office tools;
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team, and within tight deadlines;
- Availability to travel across Europe.
- Background in health, or health related topics;
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions;
- Experience in supervising the work of external consultant and trainers;
- Operational knowledge of further languages;
- Facilitation skills – ability to coordinate and solicit opinions and feedback from a group with diverse perspectives to reach a common, best solution;
- Creativity and ability to propose solutions that match the strategic vision of EPF.
- A full-time position giving the opportunity to progress and to integrate a dynamic and multi-cultural team in a European environment;
- A monthly gross salary of between 2400 and 2900 euros gross/month depending on experience;
- A package including lunch vouchers (8 euros), transportation costs, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care) and pension insurance;
- A one-year contract renewable depending on performance.
Qualified candidates should submit, only via email (mail subject: “Application for the position of Membership & Capacity-building Officer”), a cover letter and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2017 at the latest.
Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selected candidate should be prepared to start beginning of April 2017.