EU Parliament Affairs Executive
IFPI European Regional Office
IFPI represents the recording industry worldwide. The European Office in Brussels interacts directly with the European institutions, and coordinates the industry's representation throughout Europe.
The IFPI Parliament Affairs Executive is the contact point of the music industry within the European Parliament.
This role includes in particular:
- Following-up substantive issues relevant for the recording industry in the field of copyright, media, Internet, data protection, consumer law, etc.;
- Developing and monitoring contacts within the Parliament and attending the meetings and sessions in Brussels and Strasbourg;
- Put in place and attend meetings with MEPs and EP Senior Officials;
- Developing IFPI's position and communicating it within the European Parliament;
- Liaising with IFPI's member companies and national groups and with other stakeholders in Brussels.
Likely profile of applicant:
- Preferably a lawyer with a thorough knowledge of the EU institutions;
- Experience with the European Parliament;
- Minimum five years' experience in the areas above;
- Knowledge of copyright a bonus;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Fluent English with at least one additional European language, German a bonus;