Sales and Account Manager
EBS - European Business Summit
Job category: Sales and Account Manager
Contract: Permanent, full time
Job location: Ixelles (Flagey), Brussels
Starting date: 1 August 2017 or as negotiated
About the European Business Summit
The European Business Summit (EBS) is a company organising the annual high-level conference – the European Business Summit. As the largest and most influential debating and networking platform in Brussels, EBS brings together business, policy, associations, governments, NGOs and academia to discuss key challenges in Europe and in the world. Through a variety of debating and networking activities, EBS offers its partners the opportunity to engage in a dialogue where they can present solutions needed in today’s sociopolitical context. In addition to the annual EBS conference, European Business Summit is becoming recognised for its topic sector specific events such as Energy, Digital and Back from Davos.
About the position: main responsibilities
- Helping with developing the EBS sales and promotional strategy and effective planning to achieve the EBS sales objective;
- Analysing current market, identifying key sales prospects and proactively looking for new business opportunities;
- Drafting and negotiating bespoke partnership proposals, and putting these into a contract;
- Managing the planning and execution process for partners’ accounts, including creating and updating relevant documents and timelines as well as managing the logistics aspects;
- Lead the execution of day-to-day tasks requested by partners and serving as a primary contact point;
- Managing and coordinating requests from stakeholders and business prospects;
- Disseminating relevant information, both internally and externally, in a timely manner;
- Report progress concerning sales and account management to the Board of Directors;
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the EBS Accounts team;
- Other duties as requested.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience, preferably in EU affairs and EU federations sectors, PR, marketing or sales;
- Educational background in European affairs, business, marketing or similar;
- Professional level written and spoken English, knowledge of French would be desirable;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build long-lasting relationships with individuals at all levels;
- Strong entrepreneurial and negotiating skills with business-driven and results-oriented approach;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases;
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks simultaneously, often under tight deadlines;
- Exemplary sense of details while not losing focus of the overall scope;
- Positive and team-oriented attitude with the ability to combine creative and administrative tasks efficiently.
- Please follow the instructions and attach your CV and short cover letter mentioning "Sales and Account Manager" by 15 July. Please click here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.