Sector Group Manager Oleochemicals
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and the voice of the European chemical industry. It aims at maintaining and developing a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels, and employs more than 150 people.
The Specialty Chemicals team of Cefic is looking for a (M/F): Sector group manager Oleochemicals.
Mission of the role:
Oleochemicals are chemicals derived from vegetable oils and animal fats via chemical or enzymatic reactions. The oleochemical producers are an essential component of an emerging European bioeconomy. As such, the focus of the role is on the continued promotion of a regulatory framework which provides a stable level-playing field and fosters innovations in the field of bio-based chemicals.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Monitor, analyse and interpret the existing and proposed policies & government legislation and its impact on member company activities;
- Identify relevant issues, propose objectives and priorities, define and agree on action plans. You will drive the process of consensus-building and position-taking with all parties involved;
- Manage several working groups with representatives of industry (chemical companies, member of Cefic); organise and chair meetings, draft minutes, assure budget control;
- Coordinate and manage projects in response to key issues in the area of health, safety, environment and bio-economy;
- Manage an effective interface between members, stakeholders and decision-making bodies at the European level;
- Ensure the effective advocacy (contacts with regulatory or policy making bodies) and communication (publications, seminars, websites, extranet) of the industry positions;
- Establish, maintain and extend the network of relationships and alliances with various industrial players and downstream users.
Can you make the difference?
Our ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Master degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related domain;
- 5 years of experience in an international working environment, preferably in the chemical industry or in an industry association;
- Experience with the European regulatory framework;
- Strong advocacy and oral and written communication skills;
- Strong project management and people management skills combined with strong analytical skills;
- Proficiency in English, additional European languages are an asset;
- Team spirit and proactive service focus;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before July 31, 2017 to Cefic, Mrs Chantal De Cooman, Director Specialty Chemicals, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.