Business Development Manager
La Hulpe, Belgium
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH International Development, based in La Hulpe, is the MWH unit that provides management consulting services to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors such as DFID. Our services include water, energy and climate change projects as well as management support, monitoring and evaluation of large investment programmes. Our main geographical focus lies on Europe, Africa and other developing countries.
You will join the expanding business development team and take responsibility to undertake marketing campaigns and secure project awards with our clients. Reporting directly to the Business Director, you will provide strategic inputs in the strategy and be responsible to undertake all the various tasks related to preparation of commercial offers and in the tasks related to the recruitment of consultants.
You will ideally have specific experiences and track record in one of the strategic sector of MWH, namely environment, climate change, water and energy but any other specific sector expertise will be a value added (e.g. governance). As a recognized specialist of DEVCO, your client experience will ideally combine the EC experience with another donor (DFID, GIZ, etc.).
You will be required to demonstrate a combination of discipline, flexibility, and precision in all tasks while counting on a network of experts and partners and sounds clients’ knowledge. You will also be engaged in larger marketing efforts to diversify the sectors and the client’s basis. As professional leader, your roles will require leadership and mentorship responsibilities within the business development team.
- Ensure the marketing responsibility of a large portfolio of donor funded projects;
- Identify project opportunities for key clients and take the leadership on strategic bid campaigns;
- Implement the MWH business development process to deliver first class quality offers;
- Take responsibility in building consortium, collect business intelligence, in the preparation of expressions of interest and tender proposals;
- Undertake field missions and engage with clients.
- Academic background: university degree (or equivalent);
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar functions with proven track record of successful proposals (name of the projects to be submitted with the application);
- Excellent knowledge of the European Commission external aid market and procurement procedures;
- Ideally knowledge and experience with an additional donor (i.e. EIB, DFID, KFW, GIZ, World Bank or EBRD);
- A good understanding of at least one of the following sectors would be an asset: energy, climate change, environment, water or good governance;
- Commercial judgment and financial management expertise (preparation of budget);
- IT-skills: advanced use of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Rigorous, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Creative, communicative, open-minded and results-oriented;
- Languages: solid written and spoken English;
- Work ethics, dynamism and ability to cope with multiple tasks and stressful situations.
This position will take place in our office in La Hulpe, Belgium and will start in Q3 2017. If you are meeting the above requirements and ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment, please send your detailed CV (in English only) in electronic format quoting BDM/Q3-2017 not later than 15th August to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality of the applications will be strictly kept.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.