EBAA - European Business Aviation Association
The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the leading Association for Business Aviation in Europe, represents the interests of more than 675 companies operating a combined fleet of more than 3,500 business aircraft and as well as those providing related services including dispatching, ground handling, financing and training. EBAA works to promote best practices among its members, relevant and proportionate rule-making and the value of business aviation as a key component of the European air transport sector with benefits for members and society alike.
The EBAA is looking for a full-time, hands-on Communications Director.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Director will develop and implement the communications and marketing strategy of the Association with a particular focus on actively shaping public perceptions of the sector and the Association vis-à-vis targeted audiences. He or she will also be responsible for steering the overall communications activities of the Association. The Communications Director will be supported by external consultants, fellow staff members and interns.
The Communications Director will:
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the Association’s internal and external communications strategy in line with the strategic priorities set by the Board of Governors and management;
- Lead and where required (in many cases) execute all the Association’s internal and external communications activities, including:
- A pan-European, multiannual communications campaign (currently under development) targeting a diverse set of stakeholders in the European business aviation space;
- A complete redesign and subsequent management of the Association’s website;
- A monthly newsletter for the Association’s members;
- Marketing communications related to the Association’s events;
- Proactive and reactive media relations, including acting as a spokesperson;
- Social media and online community management;
- A quarterly newsletter for Members of the European Parliament;
- Periodic press releases;
- Events-related communications activities including press conferences;
- The publication of periodic special reports including an annual business aviation Country Profiles brochure;
- The creation of marketing collateral;
- Issues management;
- Other communications tasks that emerge.
- Build relationships with and work closely with the Association’s members, staff and external partners to identify stories about business aviation that are worth sharing more broadly, both among the Association’s members and to a broader audience;
- Organize media, social media and presentation skills trainings for Association staff, members and Board members;
- Help prepare communications-related proposals for decisions by the management, the executive committee and/or the Board of Governors;
- Professionally manage the budget dedicated to communications activities;
- Manage the Association’s external communications consultants;
- Manage occasional communications interns;
- Support the Association’s secretariat staff in their day-to-day communications needs, including polishing communications drafted by non-native English speakers;
- Help steer public relations for the wider European business aviation community by coordinating communications objectives and activities with national business aviation associations and other organisations with similar goals and priorities;
- Coordinate a committee of business aviation (marketing) communications specialists;
- Optimise the use of all relevant means of communication, from traditional channels to online and social media.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in an advertising or communications consultancy, corporate, institutional or association environment including demonstrated experience managing pan-European marketing and/or communications campaigns;
- Be someone who can both lead others and deliver a significant amount of communications work on his/her own in a hands-on, autonomous manner;
- Be a good, confident communicator with English native-equivalent writing and verbal skills;
- Be familiar with traditional media (ideally with an established network of media contacts) as well as versed in, and an active user of, online social networks;
- Have solid experience setting and hitting measurable targets;
- Be a team player with the ability to take the lead and work autonomously when necessary;
- Possess a thorough understanding of how the EU institutions function;
- Ideally speak 1-2 other European languages, particularly French or German;
- Be able to see the big picture and think strategically while maintaining a strong attention to detail, budgets and quality control;
- Have experience in procuring and managing external services (including media monitoring and analysis, designers, digital asset management services, social media tools, etc.);
- Be open-minded and ready to travel on a regular basis;
- Ideally have some previous experience in the aviation, travel or transportation sectors;
- Be excited about working to promote the interests of the European business aviation community.
Please submit applications (CV with a cover letter) by 11th September 2017.