Saab EU Affairs & NATO Office
The Saab EU Affairs & NATO Office is looking for an intern for a period of six months during spring 2018. The position will provide the successful candidate with an interesting work environment as well as with the opportunity to work in a leading company developing cutting-edge technologies for the EU and global market.
- Research and analysis support;
- Monitoring and reporting on EU legislative and policy developments in the fields of defence, security, aeronautics and space;
- Following meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences on behalf of Saab’s Brussels Office and reporting back to our Head of Office;
- Closely following the work of the European Commission, the European Parliament, the European Council and the European Defence Agency;
- Drafting and editing our quarterly newsletter;
- Office management (administration, meeting preparations, office supplies etc.).
- University degree within relevant field (social sciences, law, economics, or business administration);
- Specialisation or postgraduate diploma with relevance to the EU institutional environment;
- Professional fluency in one of the Nordic languages;
- Fluent English (speaking, writing);
- Excellent social skills in order to interact and engage with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Eye for detail, organisational skills and ability to deliver under time pressure.
- Completion of a traineeship (‘stage’) within the European Institutions;
- Previous experience from working with issues of relevance to defence or security policy;
- Fluency in French.