Adviser Environment and Climate
Orgalim - Europe’s Technology Industries
Orgalim | Europe’s Technology Industries is looking for an Adviser to join our dynamic and growing Partnership department in the fields of Environment and Climate policy. This is an opportunity to work at one of the leading industry associations in Europe, on issues that are at the top of the EU political agenda, and key to Europe’s industrial base.
Who we are
Orgalim has a team of over 30 people - 18 nationalities - representing the interests of Europe’s technology industries: innovative companies spanning the mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, ICT and metal technology branches. We are working with policymakers and stakeholders to strengthen our industries’ growth and global leadership, to maximise their contribution to Europe’s economy and society, and to foster a new relationship of trust between businesses and citizens.
Our Partnership department provides services to more than 20 associations across a diverse spectrum of technology sectors. A dedicated multidisciplinary team of advisers delivers a tailored offering ranging from monitoring to advocacy, to association management, strategy and support.
Europe’s policies related to the green transition – from energy transition and decarbonisation agenda as well as the shift to environmental sustainability and a circular economy – are top priorities for our members. We support them on issues such as the REPowerEU plan, the Fit for 55 package, the Circular Economy Action Plan, sustainable products, chemicals and waste policies. You will have the opportunity to work with experts from some of the most innovative associations and companies in Europe. At a decisive time for Europe at the international level, you will be able to play your part in shaping an environment and climate policy agenda that supports both key societal objectives and the development of Europe’s technology industries.
Job brief and responsibilities
The Adviser will support several European technology industries sector associations on environment and climate policy issues, including working together with other colleagues in the Orgalim Partnership and Policy teams. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious and hands-on colleague with excellent communication skills, a self-starter with creativity, leadership and a “can-do” attitude. The responsibilities include:
- Supporting, advising and proactively driving client sectors’ advocacy efforts on environment and climate policy at EU level;
- Monitoring and reporting on relevant policy developments;
- Driving the work in client sectors’ relevant working groups and task forces, engaging directly with their members to build relationships, identify needs and deliver value;
- Drafting industry positions on relevant issues;
- Designing and implementing strategic communications plans;
- Building a strong network to EU institutions and relevant stakeholders;
- Represent client sectors in external meetings and events, including facilitation of preparation, reporting and follow-up to such events.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in European institutions, industry, associations or consultancies;
- Hold university degree;
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of EU policy issues and institutions;
- Strategic vision and planning;
- Ability to analyse and present complex content adapting to the audience;
- Working experience on environment and climate policy issues;
- Ability to moderate discussions and find compromises;
- Ability to identify what needs to be done, and act proactively before being asked;
- Demonstrated strong organisational capabilities, analytical skills and strong written and oral communication skills;
- Very high proficiency in English; good knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of knowledge and contacts;
- Critical thinking skills (e.g. ability to solve problems, ability to ask thoughtful questions) and ability to teamwork;
- Willingness to travel to meetings and events in Europe.
- A full-time role in a dynamic, flexible and international working environment in Brussels where you can take initiative, responsibility and lead advocacy work;
- Joining one of the leading industry associations in Brussels and being at the heart of the ongoing industrial transformation of Europe;
- A competitive salary based on experience and merit, with benefits including private pension plan, a premium health insurance covering hospitalisation and medical and dental expenses, meal vouchers and expense allowances;
- Flexible working policy: option to work remotely 3 days/week.
- CV and motivation letter, for the attention of Inge Dewit Vanhaelen, mentioning “Partnership Adviser Environment and Climate” in the subject line;
- In the body, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by Orgalim for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application;
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.