(Full-time Position, Starting January 2024)
CNUE - Council of the Notariats of the European Union
Who we are:
The Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNUE) is an organisation based in Brussels that represents the notarial profession in dealings with the European institutions. The CNUE brings together the notariats of 22 EU Member States and thereby represents 45 000 notaries and their more than 200 000 employees. The Notaries of Europe serve more than 400 million citizens in 22 Member States. The CNUE promotes the profession’s interests and develops tools to support citizens working and living across the EU.
What you will do:
The Secretary General manages the day-to-day business and represents the CNUE within this capacity. Together with his/her team the Secretary General monitors the policy areas covered by the CNUE, relations with the European institutions, manages EU co-funded projects, internal and external communication and organises events. He/she works at the heart of the EU institutions and the pulse of the EU legislation to shape socially relevant developments.
The Main Tasks will be:
- Manage and lead the multinational CNUE office team (currently staff of 7) and ensure correct implementation of employment contracts;
- Ensure transparency and close relations with all 22 CNUE members and their representatives in the work of the CNUE;
- Prepare and coordinate the activities of the CNUE bodies (President, Board of Directors, General Assembly) and implement their decisions;
- Advise the CNUE President, the Board of Directors and all CNUE members;
- Organise the CNUE’s internal meetings;
- Supervise the legislative monitoring;
- Follow up on matters of the European institutions and the Member States requiring particular attention;
- Play an active role in seeking compromise;
- Organise work to keep the members informed;
- Provide information about the CNUE to the national chambers;
- Prepare the application for and supervise co-financed projects;
- Take responsibility for the sound budget management of the CNUE. The Secretary General will supervise administrative and accounting tasks.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to lead a team and work inclusively within the CNUE office team and the 22 member notariats;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU institutions and Brussels lobbying landscape;
- Knowledge of the notariat. Legal background desirable;
- Bilingual English/French. Knowledge of another language desirable;
- Capacity for strategic analysis and ability to negotiate a compromise;
- Writing skills;
- University degree in the fields of law, finance, management or a similar area;
- Willingness to travel within the Member States and networking skills;
- Nine years’ experience or more would be desirable.
What we offer:
The CNUE offers attractive conditions with a competitive salary and benefits in line with seniority and work experience. The position may be limited in time (duration of at least three to five years) with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply:
Please send your application (including CV, cover letter, relevant work certificates and diplomas via PDF), salary expectations and the earliest possible date that you can start to email@example.com no later than 08 October 2023. Interviews will take place on 24 October 2023.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.