EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency, operating satellites that monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
It is an exciting time to be working at EUMETSAT. As an organisation we’re operating a fleet of 10 satellites delivering weather and climate-related satellite data and images to our users worldwide; helping protect lives, property and industries. However, you do not need to be an engineer or a scientist to make a positive contribution. Our specialist administrative and support functions play an equally important role in the success of the EUMESAT programmes and are valued members of the EUMETSAT family.
Within the Administration Department, the Finance Division supports the overall EUMETSAT mission by coordinating the financial planning and budgeting process, collecting the organisation’s revenue, ensuring the safe keeping of its funds, executing and accounting for all financial transactions and advising and reporting on financial matters, in accordance with the Financial Rules and applicable accounting standards. The Budget Officer will be responsible for budgetary matters of multiple budgets.
- Establish and administer multiple budgets and monitor the related budgetary revenues and expenditures, in close liaison with various stakeholders;
- Coordinate the review of budgetary execution and surplus exercises, including drafting and presenting the related documents;
- Establish and maintain the budgetary nomenclature, ensuring consistency across budgetary documents, and pursue appropriate reflection in relevant areas of the ERP system (e.g. master data);
- Assist in maintaining the EUMETSAT cost accounting structure and related recharging mechanism, including execution/implementation;
- Provide support to satellite programmes as required, including attendance at meetings with external partners when necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of the long term financial planning;
- Administer budgetary transfers – including advice, approval, drafting and presenting documents, as well as implementation in SAP;
- Support Treasury activities such as production of cash flow forecasts, treasury status, overview of investments, interest rates spread and interest performance;
- Assist in other financial matters as required.
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 7,500/month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience;
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave;
- Full medical coverage for employee and family;
- Attractive pension;
- 30 days annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays;
- Training and development support;
- Relocation allowance (if applicable).
Skills and experience
- Experience in accounting, budgeting and cost accounting;
- Experience in a similar position at a consolidation level, and using major ERP systems (ideally SAP);
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools, and in particular Excel;
- Precise, reliable and rigorous approach to budget management;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team;
- Pro-active and communicative at all levels;
- Strong sense of responsibility, especially with regards to details and confidentiality.
- University degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent.
- The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.