Sustainability & Public Affairs Manager - Beverage
Metal Packaging Europe
About Metal Packaging Europe
Metal Packaging Europe (https://metalpackagingeurope.org) is a Brussels-based industry association representing the interests of rigid metal packaging at European level, and bringing together manufacturers and national associations.
About the role
We are looking for a new team member who would be responsible for coordinating the work of the beverage cans section, covering sustainability issues, EU legislation, public affairs, communication and project management.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Follow up EU policies as part of the EU Green Deal notably on climate change, circular economy, packaging waste, green claims, recycling, food waste, food contact;
- Develop position papers and policy briefings, responses to public consultations, advocacy documents and others relevant for the beverage cans industry;
- Support and coordination of beverage cans section meetings, projects, campaigns and events;
- Engage with EU policy makers and other external stakeholder or partners;
- Liaise with beverage can members at EU and national level;
- Contribute to the overall Metal Packaging Europe strategy, public affairs, projects and communication activities.
- University degree in either European studies, law, or sustainability;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in EU sustainability policy and public affairs;
- Good understanding of waste and packaging-related topics, including Extended Producer Responsibility. Previous experience within FMCG companies, EU institutions or consultancies is a plus;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another European language is an asset;
- Eligible to work in Belgium.
Desire skills and capabilities
- Team player and good communication skills;
- Analytical thinking, advanced research skills and project management;
- Proactive hands-on attitude, empathy and interest to learn and develop;
- Ability to work with diversified stakeholders in a multicultural environment;
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
What we offer
- Full-time work contract (38h/week) under Belgium law;
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Modern offices at the heart of the European area in Brussels;
- Opportunities for training and personal development;
- Be part of a dymanic and enthusiastic team.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV before 1 March 2024 to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for MPE Beverage Position.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.