POLITICO is growing its legislative intelligence services and is hiring an EU policy analyst to join the POLITICO Research & Analysis Division.
We are looking for an experienced policy and politics analyst to join our team of analysts in Brussels who has a deep understanding of EU policy making, a passion for politics and policy and loves to write about it. This Intelligence Analyst role will work within a growing team of analysts. This team reports to the Director of Research and Analysis.
The role will work on new projects for our POLITICO Pro offering with a focus on written analysis, sharp summaries of policy debates and analysis of legislative files. In addition, custom analysis services including on-demand policy research briefings are part of the product offering of the POLITICO Research & Analysis Division. The team of intelligence analysts works independently on the ideation, research and delivery of these reports.
The position is envisaged to begin in early 2024 in Brussels.
Role & Responsibilities
The role of the Intelligence Analyst takes ownership of political and policy intelligence outputs by our expanding team of analysts.
- Monitoring the most relevant EU policy debates and legislative developments;
- Writing smart summaries and analyses of what EU policies and legislative proposals mean and how the political power plays at work in Brussels and in EU capitals are shaping the outcome;
- Researching political, policy and regulatory issues;
- Writing coherently and persuasively for both internal and external audiences;
- Edit and oversee written analysis by junior analysts;
- Present analysis results internally and externally to clients and stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate Will...
- Understand how to communicate EU politics and policies and how to translate legislative language into digestible, actionable information;
- Apply critical thinking and judgement to come to a view on complicated issues;
- Manage the delivery of projects on time;
- Enjoy coordinating and working with a team of motivated policy and data analysts.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Five years or more of relevant experience in EU policy research, consulting, or journalism;
- Excellent knowledge of EU politics and policies, the EU institutions and the policy making process;
- Fluent in English;
- Other EU languages a plus.
We Value Our People
Our benefits package is built for you, and includes:
- Hybrid work: Whether you love company and enjoy collaborating with colleagues in person or want some time alone at home to get some deep work done;
- Work from abroad days: Fancy a workday from atop a mountain resort, or want to work from your parent’s dining room table around the holidays? POLITICO offers the opportunity to work from abroad for a limited period each year;
- Health and Wellness: Across the different cities where we have offices, we offer various initiatives that contribute to your well-being;
- Transportation: Say goodbye to traffic jams and hello to smooth commutes. POLITICO partially covers public transportation costs;
- Personal and Professional Growth: From dedicated trainings to regular career chats, with our Grow@POLITICO program, we put your professional development and growth first.
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.
Questions? Contact email@example.com with the subject line: Intelligence Analyst. Please apply, however, via the Apply Now button.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialists
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.