Project Officer - Digital Finance Initiative
ADA is a NGO which plays a leading role in the inclusive finance sector in Luxembourg and internationally. ADA is widely recognized for its work supporting the autonomous development of populations which are excluded from traditional financial services.
Within the “Technical support for Microfinance Institutions Unit”, you will be joining ADA with a view to help the MFIs to successfully carry out their modernisation and digital projects.
Ensure the management of a portfolio of projects for MFIs for the development of Digital Finance services. The successful candidate will therefore be required to:
- Assist in the definition of the requirements and define them in terms of specifications;
- Assist in the selection of, and negotiation with service providers to ensure they deliver a solution which is not only technically appropriate and reliable, but also meets with the agreed specifications and schedule;
- Identify the success factors of the project and contribute to implementation of the necessary adjustments.
In order to do this, the role of project officer will contribute the following tasks:
Pre-selection of the MFIs:
- Collection of operational and financial information from the candidate MFIs of the Digital Finance Initiative;
- Assist in the definition of the requirements of the selected MFIs;
- Assist in the drafting of a request for co-financing of the digital project;
- Participate in the selection committees.
During the pre-project phase:
- Provide support during the testing of the planned solutions, platforms and technologies;
- Suppor the definition of the reporting requirements;
- Assist in the configuration of the MFIs’ products;
- Performance of the User Acceptance Task (UAT);
- Coordinate the internal teams and the external service providers.
During the project phase:
- Launch of the pilot project and management of the smooth running of the project;
- Monitor of technical adjustments should they be required;
- Coordinate the project between the MFIs’ internal departments;
- Undertake technical support missions both remotely and in the field;
- Administrative and budget monitoring (contracts, financial and narrative reporting).
As well as performing the core mission, the project officer will also participate in the identification and formulation of new projects, the Unit’s strategic reflections and in the capitalisation and communication activities carried out by the Unit and by ADA in general.
- University degree related to finance, management, economics;
- Minimum of five years of professional experience. Three years of experience required in the inclusive finance/microfinance sector in developing countries and/or in the area of project management;
- Management experience within an MFI desired;
- Experience in Digital finance desired;
- Excellent knowledge (both written and spoken) of French and English;
- Excellent writing, planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to analyse and to summarise; a good team worker; flexibility; ability to learn;
- Good negotiation, listening and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the main IT software.
The successful candidate will be given a permanent contract based in the city of Luxembourg and will be required to travel frequently (30% of their working time) to the target countries (12 French-speaking sub-Saharan African countries).
If you are interested in this position and you meet with the requirements of the profile, then please send your application together with a covering letter by email, marked for the attention of Sylvie Marquegnies, to firstname.lastname@example.org .The deadline for the submission of applications is 30 September 2017. Please quote the following reference: Project Officer DFI.