Senior Account Executive - Public Affairs & Digital
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations.
In Brussels, we are a team of communication strategists with deep expertise in public affairs, corporate reputation, crisis communications and consumer trends. Our experts have a strong sector track-record in the area of energy, technology, financial services, and food & nutrition. The team is passionate about sustainability across sectors, and in assisting companies to match business with purpose. We aspire to be the leading issues-management agency in Brussels and are looking for a Senior Account Executive who wants to be part of a dynamic team.
Looking to shape the most pressing policy issues facing corporations today and in the future? Eager to design and execute data-driven public affairs strategies and issue campaigns on behalf of some of the world’s key organizations and industries?
Edelman is in search of a digital public affairs Senior Account Executive to join our Brussels team. We are looking for someone who understands digital media, and issues management as well as the role digital plays in shaping opinions and winning on issues.
As a member of our public affairs practice, you will understand the roles that media and culture play in shaping opinions, advancing issues and driving outcomes. With this ethos in mind, we want to collaborate in leveraging digital and social tools to engage key audiences, promote our clients’ positions and protect their license to operate. We are looking for someone with deep digital expertise willing to combine it with Edelman’s public affairs and integrated communications credentials and our geographical scale, to create impactful and measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Apply your experience leveraging paid, earned and owned media initiatives to help create, as well as execute, public affairs & stakeholder engagement programmes for our clients at the EU and pan-European level;
- Apply cutting edge tools, technologies and approaches to identify, engage and activate select stakeholders on social media;
- Lead the execution of day-to-day operations of client business; serving as a primary contact for the client;
- Apply your hands-on experience designing, or helping design, fully-integrated data driven programs to achieve outcomes on critical policy issues across multiple sectors, preferably including, energy, tech, industrial etc.;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital-first policy solutions and how they complement traditional and earned media efforts;
- Actively participate in collaborative scenario planning, strategy and thought leadership sessions with internal staff and clients, from a digital/social perspective
- Create and execute visual storytelling;
- Monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, program measurement;
- Help advise clients on strategies to promote and protect their business in current and future political climate, with digital public affairs solutions in mind
- Participate in driving new business opportunities;
- Keep abreast of and advise colleagues and clients on latest trends in data analysis, platforms, engagement, and measurement metrics.
- The Senior Account Executive must have at least 2 years of relevant experience in public affairs and policy including issue or political campaigns, advocacy programmes; preferably having worked in a consultancy/agency, EU institution, company, NGO, think tank;
- Demonstrated track-record of developing and/or executing successful digital and social media corporate and public affairs programs/campaigns is preferred;
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape, and the specifics of the EU social media environment as well as the role of various digital assets in influencing EU policy makers;
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person;
- Superior ability to write and edit documents and content to ensure clarity, persuasion and polish in English;
- Works well in a team-based collaborative environment that focuses on outcomes, not process;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- Experience working on EU policy issues at the EU and pan-European level, leveraging the national-EU angle, would be an added value;
- Knowledge of EU decision making processes and policy scene is an asset, ideally gained through experience working on EU policy issues at the EU and pan-European level (in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector or else);
- Ability to create simple visuals, and basic website editing skills would be welcome but is not required;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) required.
What we offer:
You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated, and growing team. We offer:
- a full-time position;
- mentorship and training;
- competitive salary and benefits;
- comfortable office and central location;
- access to the global Edelman network - 65 offices across the globe.
Starting date: ASAP
Please send your CV and motivation letter. Please follow the instructions here.