ESN - European Service Network
ESN is a communications agency situated in the heart of Brussels. European institutions, the Belgian government, international associations and corporations count on us as a trusted partner. With more than 30 years in the business and over 40 staff, we provide a full range of communications services.
We now need to strengthen our in-house editorial team are looking for an experienced native English writer/editor with either part-time or full-time availability. Because of the varying workloads in the different languages, we are particularly interested in applicants, either salaried or freelance, who are willing and able to work in our Brussels office as required. You must also be familiar with the needs of our EU institutional clients and agencies, and thrive in a multilingual, multicultural environment.
Expertise needed to:
- Research topics, conduct interviews and write texts for online and print communication products (reports, articles, social media posts, brochures, leaflets, corporate scripts, papers, press materials, etc.);
- Edit or proofread texts for various target audiences on a wide range of topics;
- Scriptwrite - we are looking for experience in scriptwriting for short videos.
Qualifications and competencies:
- At least five years of editorial experience as a media journalist or in a communications agency working on print, online and audio-visual projects;
- Skilled in social media communications;
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of EU affairs and institutions;
- Able to coordinate with clients and work closely with ESN's in-house editorial, audio-visual, project management, social media and graphic departments;
- Advise clients on how to target their print, web and multimedia communications;
- Prioritise quality and time management.
It would be an advantage to have:
- BA/MA in journalism or communications;
- Scriptwriting skills.
Please attach your CV with relevant clippings and/or links and motivation letter using the online form on our website.