Corporate and Governance Expert
ENTSO-E - European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity
General position description
The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Governance Section of ENTSO-E Secretariat. The Section has 3 permanent staff and shared resources from the Legal Section, the Secretary General Office Section and external support. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Counsel.
The Corporate and Governance Expert plays a pivotal role in the ENTSO-E Secretariat by ensuring that all decisions are taken by ENTSO-E bodies and projects in compliance with ENTSO-E governance and with the law. He/she provides corporate and governance advice to the whole spectrum of ENTSO-E activities. He/she masters corporate processes and governance matters, including their cross Committees and cross Sections interplays.
The Corporate and Governance Expert supports the General Counsel, the Secretary General, the Committees Chairs and Working Group conveners in the delivery of their mandates. He/she works in close cooperation with the LRG Chair and when relevant with the LRG.
Travelling across Europe is required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful candidate will work under the general guidance of the General Counsel to deliver on the various tasks and responsibilities currently foreseen, as described below, note that the role may evolve over time:
- Advise on Association governance and corporate processes: decision making process (quorum, voting requirements, voting tool, competences), terms of references validity and update, signing limits;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Board and Assembly files in relation to Corporate and Governance aspects, including:
- delivery of high quality Assembly and Board notes, proposal for decisions, supporting presentations and draft minutes;
- advising on the launch of Board and Assembly written approval procedures;
- tracking actions and following up to close-out actions on the above matters.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor the legal/corporate compliance dashboard and the legal/corporate risks dashboard, report risk of and non-compliance issues on these matters and propose mitigation and remediations measures to the General Counsel;
- Keep up to date the Association Transparency Registry;
- Support and coordinate the process for assessing applications for new Member, Associated member or Observer member status;
- Design when needed new forms of cooperation for the Association and its bodies in line with its Articles of Association;
- Contribute to inform new Member representatives and new Office Holders of the functioning of the Association, including rights and duties, under the guidance of the General Counsel;
- If needed take up a leading role in corporate governance related projects;
- Liaise closely and effectively with all Managers and key personnel where needed for achievement of the above;
- Ensure that the General Counsel is timely and fully informed on relevant topics for the Cross-Committees Chairs meetings; the Main Office Holders meetings and the Head of section meetings on topic of his/her area of responsibilities;
- Keep abreast of corporate law change provide advice to the General Counsel on corporate governance best practice while taking into account the Association specificities.
- University degree in Law with LL.M or specialization in Corporate law and association governance;
- Between 6 to 8 years of relevant experience (in law firm or in-house) demonstrating outstanding skills and understanding of the above subject matters, including proven expertise in interactions with top executive level and ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to think proactively to plan and organise, ability to manage multiple projects and to establish priorities to get things done;
- High level of integrity, including attention to confidential information;
- Ability to listen, build trust and resolve conflict in a consensual way;
- Experience inside an Association is an asset;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in business English;
- Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- Interest in Energy law and European matters with preferably experience with the TSO Community.
We are looking for a permanent resource joining our offices based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be asked to relocate to Belgium. We are a dynamic European association based in Brussels and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on truly exciting projects focused on the decarbonisation of the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future.
You will work in a truly multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities.
Our people are the heart of our association. We offer a broad range of training and development, to make sure our employees continue to develop.
We offer market competitive compensation and benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
We value work life balance. We offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working and engaging physically with colleagues.
If you want to play a role in creating a sustainable world, then ENTSO-E is the place for you!
Please submit your complete application consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter using the Apply Now button.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs!
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.