Milieu Consulting SRL
Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law – in fields such as environmental protection, energy, climate change, transport, fundamental rights, justice, home affairs, public health, consumer protection, employment, financial services and health and safety. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment.
Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are seeking to reinforce our team with a Legal Advisor with a background in EU law (with a particular focus on: environment, transport, energy, justice, home affairs or intellectual property rights) for an immediate position.
The key tasks will include:
- Research and development of analytical reports on European legal topics according to areas of expertise;
- Supporting the management of projects to budget while ensuring that deadlines and quality objectives are met, and supporting the coordination of multidisciplinary teams;
- Development and drafting of high quality documents and reports;
- Liaison and meeting with clients;
- Prepare and deliver presentations to partners, clients and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to proposal development and writing, including the identification of appropriate methodological approaches and the drafting of budgets.
Key qualifications for the position:
- At least a Master’s degree in law from an EU university, with a strong focus on the EU legislative framework and expertise in at least one EU country’s legislation;
- Experience in an EU institution or a consultancy would be an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with project management experience will be prioritised;
- Clear, concise and accurate writing skills in English, including the ability to review and edit the work of others;
- Good knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- An independent, self-starter personality;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Regular company barbecues, training lunches, weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats; and
- The possibility of a hybrid working arrangement (maximum 40% from home).
The deadline for applications is 9 October 2023.
Milieu would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.