Correspondent (f/m/d) DW Studio
DW - Deutsche Welle
We are seeking a Correspondent (f/m/d) for our DW Brussels Studio in Belgium as of 1 February 2024 or as soon as possible on the basis of a full-time local staff contract limited for two years.
- reporting and commentary on current events in the EU (politics, economy, culture) for all Deutsche Welle outlets;
- producing reports and background packages (TV, online, social media) from Brussels;
- live interviews and broadcasts for TV (English, German);
- organization of studio conversations as well as conducting interviews with relevant figures;
- creation of multimedia content for the social media platforms of the DW Studio Brussels.
- completed university studies as well as completed traineeship or comparable journalistic qualification;
- several years of journalistic experience;
- experience as video journalist and mobile reporter;
- prior experience as a correspondent, preferably from Brussels;
- ability to analyse political and geostrategic contexts;
- very good knowledge of the EU institutions;
- understanding of processes of news and social media departments;
- excellent language skills in English and French, German desirable;
- ability to work in interdisciplinary and diverse teams, high level of intercultural sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- inspiring and challenging tasks in an international media company;
- collaboration in interdisciplinary and diverse teams;
- an organizational culture characterized by New Work and Digital Leadership & Collaboration;
- promotion of diversity, inclusion and sustainability.
As employees of Deutsche Welle, we identify with the values laid down in the Deutsche Welle Act. We are especially opposed to every form of discrimination, racism and antisemitism.
We promote diversity and equal opportunities. We welcome your application, regardless of your nationality, your cultural, ethnic or social background, any disability you might have, your sexual orientation, your gender or your age. We aim for gender parity in all departments and across all levels of the organization.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 14 December 2023 via the Apply Now button.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.