European Affairs Associate (w/m/d)
BdB - Bundesverband Deutscher Banken
The Association of German Banks has its headquarters in Berlin and is one of the largest economic associations in Germany. It represents the interests of private German banks and fintechs at national and international level.
We are looking for a European Affairs Associate (w/m/d) to work in our Brussels office. We are offering a permanent full-time position (38 hours per week).
Are you interested in European policymaking? Networking and political consulting are your thing? Are you looking for a job in a dynamic international environment with plenty of independence and freedom to implement your own initiatives? If so, then you could be a perfect fit for our European & International Affairs team at the Association of German Banks.
The European & International Affairs team at the Association of German Banks acts as a bridge between the EU institutions and the association and its members on matters relating to the banking industry. It coordinates the lobbying work of the association at EU level and is responsible for issues relating to market access and regulation at international level.
- You will represent the interests of the Association of German Banks in dealings with our contacts at EU institutions, from Member States and EU third countries;
- You will monitor any regulatory measures and other political activities that are relevant to the finance industry at European level;
- You will be responsible for internal communication with the various topic groups on current political developments, including providing (pre-)assessments and helping coordinate the association’s European activities;
- You will organise and prepare meetings, events and appointments, in particular with national banking associations in the EU and at international level.
Our requirements and expectations:
- A university or comparable degree in a relevant field such as law or economics;
- very good analytical skills and a keen understanding of economic and political contexts;
- relevant experience in banking, at an association or in lobbying work at European institutions;
- very good ability to express yourself in written and spoken German and English, knowledge of French is also an advantage;
- very good communication skills;
- highly committed and a demeanour appropriate for your role as a representative.
What we offer you:
- A challenging and varied job in a dynamic environment, at a large trade association and within its ecosystem;
- you’ll be working independently under your own supervision;
- a motivated and supportive team that encourages innovation and progress;
- family friendly working conditions (flexible and remote work);
- 30 days paid annual leave and time off in lieu of overtime;
- salary in line with performance and job requirements;
- company pension scheme;
- meal vouchers (Edenred);
- working from home allowance and an allowance for travelling to the office.
The wording of this job advertisement is expressly intended to include all genders (w, m, d).
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.