Policy Officer for PAM - Public Relations and Media Relations (m/f/x)
Gathering five national consumer organisations and giving voice to a total of more than 1.5 million people, Euroconsumers is the world’s leading consumer cluster in innovative information, personalised services, and defence of consumer’s rights. We work closely together with Consumers International to ensure consumers are safe, that markets are fair and benefit from honest relations with businesses and authorities. Our European member groups are also part of the umbrella network of BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation.Together we advocate for EU policies that benefit consumers in their daily lives.
Euroconsumers’ mission is to drive positive change for consumers by connecting all sides of the market. We empower people through product testing, informing, advising, supporting and representing consumers. We make it easy for people to access and use the right tools to get the most from the market. We improve the market by harnessing the collective force of people. On the one hand by collaborating and entering into dialogue with companies to do better and win consumer trust. On the other hand we keep on strengthening our private enforcement work, and stand ready to go to court where things go wrong.
The role as Policy officer will be reporting to Euroconsumers’ Head of Advocacy and Enforcement part of the Public Affairs & Media relations team, you will coordinate and help steer all policy related activities and support on communication and representation activities.
- Monitor developments at European/international level and in the market, identifying opportunities for Euroconsumers and develop strategic positions and activities;
- Monitor and actively participate in the policy development at the level of our European umbrella organization, guarantee robust contributions in line with Euroconsumers’ strategic positions, and ensure involvement and alignment of our European national organisations;
- Build and internal network across Euroconsumers’ different departments and different national organisations, to secure alignment, support and exploitation of the policy positions and related activities;
- Work in close collaboration with the communication and enforcement colleagues to define, safeguard and exploit Euroconsumers’ strategic positions in multiple outlets and support in organizing Euroconsumers events;
- Support in preparing representation activities and events.
- You have a Master degree level in Law (preference), History, Political science or similar;
- You have 3-5 years experience working in European/international policy and advocacy;
- A background in consumer policy is an absolute plus;
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Proficiency in French and Dutch is an advantage;
- You are pretty good at analysing and summarising complex information;
- You are a highly organized, detail-oriented, and rigorous person;
- You are business-oriented and solution-minded;
- You’re a team player, you find it easy to collaborate with others.
Don't forget to mention EuroBrussels when applying.